Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2016, 07:53 PM

You CAN Beat Up A Burgler!

The below burgler got beat up by a home owner and is in a coma.
Tough hit I say!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ghts-laws.html

Judge says homeowners CAN beat up burglars because new 'householder defence' does not break human rights laws
Householder defence' was introduced to 'toughen up' self defence laws
Was challenged by father of man in coma after being tackled as 'intruder'
However, High Court ruled no human rights breach in attacking burglars using force which is considered to be 'grossly disproportionate' remains illegal
Judges have backed ‘bash a burglar’ laws that give householders the right to use force to tackle intruders.

In a landmark ruling, the High Court said allowing people to use ‘disproportionate’ levels of violence to protect themselves and their families from housebreakers did not breach human rights laws.

Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2016, 08:19 PM

Re: You CAN Beat Up A Burgler!

To bloody right he deserved all he got. All i can say is its a good job he never broke into my place he would have been in an even worse state.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2016, 08:28 PM

I`m too old to fight-please do not hurt me-oh yes an elbow to the throat-old but still know a trick or two
Ian Haines
Merseyside, UK
Ian Haines is male  Ian Haines has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2016, 08:33 PM

I had printed a plastic sign, which I have on my back door:

"Dear Burglar...name somebody who will think to look for you beneath my floorboards!?"
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2016, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
To bloody right he deserved all he got. All i can say is its a good job he never broke into my place he would have been in an even worse state.
Aaaaawwwww come on Doc.
Have a heart.
I mean, don't you think he has suffered enough?
The poor man has been in a coma for two years with no prospect of him coming out of it.
'Denby Collins, 39, was restrained in a headlock by several terrified members of the household in Gillingham, Kent, in December 2013 and when police arrived to arrest him on suspicion of burglary he was unconscious.
Mr Collins was taken to hospital but has remained in a coma ever since and doctors say he has little prospect of getting better.'

Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2016, 08:47 PM

Shouldn't we ask Oscar Pistorius his opinion on the subject before we condemn this buglar?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2016, 08:50 PM

Serves the blighter right - if hadn't gone thieving in the first place he wouldn't be in that predicament. About time the HR act came out in the favour of victims of crime instead of the perpetrators.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2016, 08:51 PM

Hi

A good sign to have on the front door.

Come in here at night and you will still be here in the morning.
Hawkeye
Devon UK
Hawkeye is male  Hawkeye has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2016, 09:00 PM

Lilo Lil down the road has a sign like that.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2016, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Hawkeye ->
Lilo Lil down the road has a sign like that.
Have you availed yourself of her services?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top