Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 04:52 PM

Self-loathing

Ugh, I just want to crawl under a rock.

I just got of the phone with my mom and given that we have known each other for 60 years (she has known me for slightly longer) we tend to speak to each other freely. In the midst of chatting, I said something utterly stupid that I KNOW hurt her feelings. Realizing my insensitivity, I apologized immediately and she responded with her usual humor and grace.

I'm sitting here stewing over what an utter jack*** I am.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 04:57 PM

Re: Self-loathing

Please don't stew, SM....you immediately apologised after realising, and she accepted it. If you know each other that well, she will not even be thinking about it right now. If she is, she might be laughing. She knows you....let it go. Everyone is allowed a momentary F-up now and again. Be kind to yourself.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 05:23 PM

The good thing is that you realized your error and immediately apologised.
Mum’s always understand
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
The good thing is that you realized your error and immediately apologised.
Mum’s always understand
Mums are like Dads in that respect, they always forgive and forget.
Don't go beating yourself up over it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Ugh, I just want to crawl under a rock.

I just got of the phone with my mom and given that we have known each other for 60 years (she has known me for slightly longer) we tend to speak to each other freely. In the midst of chatting, I said something utterly stupid that I KNOW hurt her feelings. Realizing my insensitivity, I apologized immediately and she responded with her usual humor and grace.

It happens Surfermom. She will forget about after a while.

Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 05:46 PM

Awwww Mom, dont be so hard on yourself, you are a beautiful woman with such a beautiful heart I know your mum won't be thinking any less of you.

Big hugs xxxx
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 06:03 PM

Thanks, everyone. Most generous of all of you. I am still wincing though. The last person I would ever want to hurt would be my mother.

I figured a nice bouquet of flowers and a note wouldn't hurt.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 07:12 PM

Surfermom, There’s no point fretting about it ..... ‘Tis done and you’ll only get more upset about it.

I think we all have days when we are a bit sharp with people. We don’t really mean to be, it just comes out! It could be we are tired or anxious about something.
Can’t you just blame it on a thread on here that got your goat and made you snap a little?

Remember the song.... You always hurt the one you love, the one you shouldn’t hurt at all... so we are all guilty of it sometimes.

Gosh, l feel like Marjorie Proops!
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->

Very few of us never behave like jackasses. Even I can be a jackass from time to time; as hard as that may be to believe. All I can say is that when someone has acted like a jackass towards me, and then expressed regret, I let it go and forget about it. I'm guessing your mother will do the same.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

22-04-2021, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
Very few of us never behave like jackasses. Even I can be a jackass from time to time; as hard as that may be to believe. All I can say is that when someone has acted like a jackass towards me, and then expressed regret, I let it go and forget about it. I'm guessing your mother will do the same.

I find that very hard to believe .

Thanks for the good consideration.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top