Join for free
Page 4 of 23 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
moreover
North Wales, UK
moreover is female  moreover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 06:10 PM

Re: Farage Says It Like It Is

What a load of self deceptive, hypocrytical tosh. The Germans and the French agreed to our joining them in the EU. It wasn't the other way around. And do we harbour unrequited love for the Germans and the French? Or anyone else for that matter.

As for Farage - I'd boo and hiss the deceitful, free-loading bastard too if I came face to face with him. What work has he ever done? He admits he never does anything for the country in his 'job' as MEP. He just collects his pay and claims his expenses. A parasite with dreams of glory. In other words a waste of space.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
I rather like Nigel TBF, he has a lovely smile and talks sense. I reckon the EU will be finished in 5 years , just saying.
It will indeed. There's no need for us to crow about it either. All we must do is to work together to make a go of this country's independence.

That includes all of us: the Innies as well as the Outies; the politicians as well as the ordinary people; the Left as well as the Right; even the Scots as well as the English.

If the fish woman and the majority of the Scots want to stay in the EU, then so they should if they are permitted to do so by the other EU countries, although I'm sure they'd regret it later.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

If the fish woman and the majority of the Scots want to stay in the EU, then so they should if they are permitted to do so by the other EU countries, although I'm sure they'd regret it later.
And when it all goes wrong for them in a couple of years and they are faced with massive debts, who picks up the tab ?.....the English as usual !
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Why shouldn't Farage become PM?

Isn't the bottom line that we want someone prepared to tell the truth, say it like it is and truly represent the people of the country?

We need to reject the Lib-Lab-Con because it is and has been a "3-card Monty" sleight of hand. It has duped us all for too long.
Well, the New Labour party is breaking up into virtually two New New Labour parties and the Limp Dems have all but disappeared. Even the Conservatives seem to be polarising into two opposing groups.

You never know, perhaps we will end up with some sort of PR system after all. Even better, it may just happen that UKIP will become the formal opposition party and, yes, I'd welcome Farage as a PM. He says what he thinks, he speaks convincingly and, unlike many other politicians both in and out of the EU, he's had a 'proper job'!
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
The Euro-Parliament booed and heckled Farage like a bunch of children but their derision and glee will disappear
He also got a standing ovation from a small part of the EU Parliament at the end of his speech.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 06:27 PM

UKIP will have to change its name as its objective has been achieved we are now Independent !
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by moreover ->
What a load of self deceptive, hypocrytical tosh. The Germans and the French agreed to our joining them in the EU.
When the EU was set up we were not a member.

The French De Gaulle block us for years from joining.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by moreover ->
As for Farage - I'd boo and hiss the deceitful, free-loading bastard too if I came face to face with him. What work has he ever done? He admits he never does anything for the country in his 'job' as MEP. He just collects his pay and claims his expenses. A parasite with dreams of glory. In other words a waste of space.
Well he has led the fight to get us out of the EU and been successful. Quite an achievement after years of EU abuse of the UK.

When did the people of Britain ever vote to be in a European Union? Answer never.

Edward Heath took Britain into the European Community back in 1973, and Harold Wilson gave the people a referendum on membership of the European COMMUNITY in 1975 in which 66% voted to be in.

Life was good, the world advanced. The Berlin Wall came down in 1989.

Then in 1993 the European UNION was formed.

A few orchestrated disasters later and the EU countries signed and ratified the Lisbon Treaty. A treaty that would fundamentally change British laws and regulations and ultimately see the destruction of Britain and of Westminster replacing it with an EU regime that could no longer be challenged.

The public were not properly informed about that treaty nor did they get to vote for it. They had voted for membership of the EC not the EU and the public never accepted the prospect of the Euro becoming the currency.

By this stealth and un-democratic process 4 more treaties were signed which together would give the EU power over the UK, making EU Laws and regs take primacy over well established British laws and regs. Those changes would see hundreds of small businesses ruined, our fishing industries ruined and much more.

The people NEVER at any stage had the chance to be in or out of the European UNION, a Political Union with an agenda to disband Westminster and the UK as a whole. I can't help but think that somewhere along that process, there must be treason involved. It is surely treason to pass the control of a country's laws and power to a foreign collective without the will and consent of its people.

Britain wanted to be a part of the European COMMUNITY to share trade and commerce. What it was turned into by stealth was a hugely political union of useless MEPs which would absorb money and waste it on high paid salaries whilst becoming an unchallengeable law unto itself.

Thank goodness enough people recognised this and voted to get out at the last hour. Had the 6th treaty been signed off it would have been game over and most likely our ability to even discuss this on an internet forum would have been outlawed.

I still worry that the powers that be will not go through with Article 50 and find some lame excuse to make a mockery of the referendum. If they do, civil war and unrest will plague us for a long time.

The EC was good. The EU was bad. We joined the EC happily, but they turned it into the EU and never gave us a vote for that significant change to a political union. It is right that we have come out of it. Other countries will follow suit I am sure.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex

28-06-2016, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
UKIP will have to change its name as its objective has been achieved we are now Independent !
We are not it will take at least another 2 years before we will be free.
graculus
Yorkshire
graculus is male  graculus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Will they be open to suggestions?

Page 4 of 23 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top