Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2013, 06:40 PM

Re: Fixing my car

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Some of these new cars are not meant to be touched by anyone other than skilled technicians it seems to me. My bother-in-law has a Citroen something or other and whilst it has been ultra reliable (thankfully) I don't think even the simplest of jobs can be done by him; even something like messing with bulbs and so on can cause problems apparently if you don't know what you are doing.
You beat me to it MKJ!

You can get all kinds of strange things happening on some of the really high-tech stuff fitted in cars these days!

The local garage did a service on one of our disabled transport vans at work but they don't have the diagnostic computer set-up recommended by Citroen.

Shouldn't have made any difference but because things were removed and replaced or just checked, the Engine Management spanner-thingy light is flashing all the time, now indicating a fault - but there isn't one!

Drive's you up the wall!

Apparently the Engine management computer can be reset but you need the vehicle to be hooked-up to the computer - at Citroen!

With some cars you can do it yourself as I found out with a Ford Focus not long ago. stevmk2
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2013, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Rene61 ->
I want to wear pants too... and drink whiskey while smoking cigars and slapping a big boobed woman on the rear... wait, skip that part.

Im wearing my tinfoil hat sitting in the corner of my shed with garlic and silver, my world is unravelling, im scared Mama told me there would be days like this. Dont smoke, your far to important to the universe to go down that road.

May 2014 bring you all your dreams.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2013, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I love that sketch! I'm a self sufficient female too, cept not with the car. It's all computerised now. I often watch Harry Enfield and wonder how his character would cope with me!
This
Angelfire
South, USA
Angelfire is female  Angelfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2014, 02:59 AM

Good for you! I do a few things to my car myself. I replaced the gas cap, windshield wipers, change oil. I like to figure out how to do things myself, and done a great deal of home repair too.
Angelfire
South, USA
Angelfire is female  Angelfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2014, 03:02 AM

I now have my first car that has a computer. My Check engine light kept coming on a couple of years ago. I bought a diagnostic tool that hooks up to the computer, and tells you the problem.
shazy
lancashire
shazy is female  shazy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2014, 01:44 PM

Ive just seen this thread, and wonder if anyone can help me..
My car windows are electric, but the drivers side has decided not
to work, is this a big job, can anyone do it, or does it have to be the garage??

Shazy..
2wheeler
Lincolnshire
2wheeler is male  2wheeler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2014, 12:05 PM

Not a job for the inexperienced - there's a lot of electrical and mechanical gear in the modern car door, and access to it can be fiddly, with lots of ways of causing damage to the panel and clips etc. The chances are that rainwater has got in past the window seals, and shorted out the wiring, possibly causing damage to the motor and blown a fuse. A good local car electrics maintenance man is the best answer, if you're not an expert. I've always maintained my own vehicles, which is why I have one with handle operated windows (remember them anyone?) and keep things as simple as possible. A friend had trouble with the central locking on the driver's door. I gave it a sharp slap with my hand on the outside of the door near the lock, and it worked - right up to the day she sold the car six months later. Could be worth a try, but don't expect miracles!
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2014, 12:08 PM

Give a girl a spanner. Girls can do anything. Go girls.
shazy
lancashire
shazy is female  shazy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2014, 02:31 PM

I had to laugh, when u thought I was gona do it...No No ..
But thanks to ur post, today i gave it a slap, on the inside of door..
and ..woopy..it works..big Thankyou.. Shazy..
2wheeler
Lincolnshire
2wheeler is male  2wheeler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2014, 11:23 AM

Wow! - miracles do happen. Glad to be of help. Amazing what a good slapping will do.....

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top