Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2014, 08:21 AM

DIYers

DIYers, what is your tool of choice, mine is a Spirit Level, what's yours?.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2014, 08:22 AM

Re: DIYers

Thanks Spitty, a large G&T if that's OK.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2014, 08:24 AM

A phone directory of someone who knows how to do DIY.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2014, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Thanks Spitty, a large G&T if that's OK.
, No Alan, that is just a coincidence, I have been building a dwarf wall around the new patio area in brick that matches the conservatory, and looking through the window, I spotted three spirit levels of different sizes, I check the orientation of every brick (even the ones below ground)
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2014, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
, No Alan, that is just a coincidence, I have been building a dwarf wall around the new patio area in brick that matches the conservatory, :
Isn't it illegal to keep dwarfs? I'm sure the EU has some human rights issue with it.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

06-04-2014, 09:05 AM

It is not illegal to keep them, but it is in bad taste to throw them, even with their consent.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2014, 09:21 AM

A power screwdriver is my choice (no, not the cocktail..), as the prophet said if God created anything better he must have kept it for himself....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

06-04-2014, 09:31 AM

Plantman, you may be able to help, yesterday I took a reading on one spirit level and it was plumb, I checked again with another level and it was out of kilter, and to compound matters a second bubble sometimes appears, do you think I will have to employ Plumb Bob.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2014, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
A power screwdriver is my choice (no, not the cocktail..), as the prophet said if God created anything better he must have kept it for himself....
Beat me to it - mine's my power drill with screwdriver function.

The torque on the screwdriver is far better on this one than my old Black & Decker but it's only a mid-range model.

It came with two 1 hour charge batteries as standard - from Screwfix, like my Hedge trimmer; 56cm blade, double safety cut-out and 9 metre cable for £59.99 in 2011!

They do some pretty useful DIY tools there and more garden stuff too now and some of the prices are really keen.
They often beat Wickes, which used to be my first port of call unless I want wood or construction materials - not gloss paint though - useless stuff I've found so I went back to Crown! stevmk2
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2014, 10:37 AM

I should say a portable, manual screwdriver, as it's what I seem to use the most, but I think I'll go along with the rechargeable battery operated one. I have two: a normal size, and a cylinder shaped one that twists in the middle to reach awkward places.

Been going through my tools to see what can go at car boots but am loath to let anything go! Even though I have squillions of screwdrivers, allen keys, socket sets (what the heck do you DO with them, and what do they fit on? Certainly nothing in my collection!).

Car booted an electric sander and a router years ago. Wish I'd kept the latter even tho I don't do woodwork these days. Kept the jigsaw though...that ain't going.

In fact, I love all my DIY tools.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top