Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2014, 08:48 PM

Re: Plumbing ~ HELP !!!

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Rachel I don't want to rain on your parade but just be aware that nuts and screws that haven't been moved for many years can provide problems even for a professional, and if something decides to shear off rather than unscrew then you can end up with a much bigger bill than your original quote. Can of worms is a frequently used term in these situations.
So O.K., if you are competent diyers with some knowledge of pipes and a good tool kit then fine by all means have a go, but if you are complete novices then I would counsel to get a professional in and see how it is done this time so that you've a better idea in the future.
Hmmmm yes
I am one of those people who usually explores in depth before embarking on anything new.
I was in the Brownies lol but this probably has nothing to do with it

The 'unmentionable' has a more gung-ho approach to DIY but the decking we constructed together earlier this year is very good

I know he possesses a braincell or two and if we go ahead with the plumbing, then I shall make sure that help is at hand .. ie not at the weekend !
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2014, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Hmmmm yes
I am one of those people who usually explores in depth before embarking on anything new.
I was in the Brownies lol but this probably has nothing to do with it

The 'unmentionable' has a more gung-ho approach to DIY but the decking we constructed together earlier this year is very good

I know he possesses a braincell or two and if we go ahead with the plumbing, then I shall make sure that help is at hand .. ie not at the weekend !
I would also suggest making sure that you know where your main cold water stop tap is and make sure it works before you start. Belt and braces with water systems always....
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2014, 11:16 AM

I would also suggest making sure that you know where your main cold water stop tap is and make sure it works before you start. Belt and braces with water systems always....

yes sir

I have a stopcock under the sink and another in the pavement outside
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2014, 11:28 AM

yes sir

I have a stopcock under the sink and another in the pavement outside
ok then, up and at 'e-mail Rachel, good luck with it.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

28-08-2014, 11:58 AM

ok then, up and at 'e-mail Rachel, good luck with it.
lol

He's busy fiddling with computery stuff as ever ... *sighs*
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

29-08-2014, 01:11 PM

Update
He's decided it's going to be too difficult due to lack of space so I shall have to get a plumber

Plumber is probably booked up now isn't he

I shall return
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2014, 01:45 PM

Have you ever thought of taking on a couple of "Spare Guys?" One with a wealth of DIY knowledge and one with a great knowledge of...erm...other stuff..like gardening f'rinstance.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

29-08-2014, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
Have you ever thought of taking on a couple of "Spare Guys?" One with a wealth of DIY knowledge and one with a great knowledge of...erm...other stuff..like gardening f'rinstance.
Beginning to think it might be a good idea
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

29-08-2014, 04:12 PM

Booked plumber for Monday morning
Curmudgeon
Surrey UK
Curmudgeon is male  Curmudgeon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2014, 05:43 PM

Booked plumber for Monday morning
Best thing you could do, even simple plumbing jobs can go horribly wrong when the moon is in the wrong quarter.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top