Join for free
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2011, 06:15 PM

Amazon's new tablet - Fire

I was going to ask you guys what you thought about this, but noticed when I did the link that it's only available here now. Azz, are you going to get one?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0051VVOB2/...l_3g7omzbrks_b
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2011, 08:21 PM

Re: Amazon's new tablet - Fire

It looks nice Eileen - and seems to be a lot more affordable than the iPad, so think it will do very well.

For me it will depend on the price when it comes out here - I will probably use it for web browsing last thing at night (but keep my Kindle for reading because of the screen), but then if it's cheap enough I might get one anyway just because it's new tho I really need to see it in action to form a proper opinion tho.

$199 certainly seems like a good price when you convert it straight to pounds why not get one and if you don't like it send it back? I think Amazon are pretty good like that you can tell us all about it then
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2011, 08:29 PM

LOL, spending my money for me! I haven't looked into it much, first heard about it this morning when I was watching TV at breakfast. Actually, that really isn't a bad price, it would depend if it worked for wireless the same way my Kindle does. Will have to think about it a bit!

I thought of you right away, I know how you like new gadgets.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2011, 02:02 AM

It should work the same way as your Mac (and Kindle depending on which one you have) where it connects to the web via your wireless broadband connection... talking of, how you getting on with your new Mac? Bet you love the speed difference

I think you like gadgets as much as I do these days
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

30-09-2011, 02:17 AM

Oh, I thought my Mac wasn't wireless, I'm paying for a DSL line! Azz, you think I know more than I do; the Kindle is the one that Amazon pays for the wireless connection; I think it's called G-something.

Yes, the speed is faster than my dial-up was; took some getting used to; I used to keep a magazine handy while pages loaded!

Hope all's well at your house... how's Rocky now? And Cheetah??
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

30-09-2011, 10:06 PM

Do you know how your Mac is connected to the DSL Eileen? In the menu bar at the top does it have an icon that looks like a 'sgnal'? Click on that once and it might say something like 'turn wifi off' and a list of things - if one of them has a tick next to them it means you are connected via wifi

Rockys still plodding on bless him, had a down week last week but has been much better this week. He's so skinny now but still battling on. CHeetahs ok thanks - still a mad nutter lol

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top