Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2011, 05:10 PM

C Comes before P

Pumpkin pie is traditional on Thanksgiving, I've always picked mine up in store. But with my health this year had to add it to my weekly online order. So, on line to: Bakery> Pie: well what should appear but Chocolate Cream pie .....

guess what I'll be having Thursday ........
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2011, 06:28 PM

Re: C Comes before P

guess what I'll be having Thursday ........

...not Pumpkin Pie it would seem Eileen
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2011, 07:20 PM

No fun resisting temptation at our age Eileen, enjoy it girl, and I'll join you in a virtual slice come Thursday....
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2011, 07:30 PM

It's practically graven in stone that "Thou shalt not mess with the Thanksgiving menu" .... but as OscaR Wilde said, I can resist anything but temptation .. Groceries have come and pie is in the freezer!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2011, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
It's practically graven in stone that "Thou shalt not mess with the Thanksgiving menu" .... but as OscaR Wilde said, I can resist anything but temptation .. Groceries have come and pie is in the freezer!
Eileen I think you have made a wise decision , as they say 'a little of what you fancy does you good '.

I can never understand the passion for pumpkin pie and think its only saving grace is the other ingredients I can only assume a pumpkin was the only thing the Pilgrim Fathers had to hand when it came to producing a celebration feast

Enjoy your Chocolate Cream Pie
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

21-11-2011, 08:41 PM

Pumpkin pie's very nice made well; perhaps you haven't had a good one. My Mom made an excellent one, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg, real whipped cream (not that spray stuff in a can, ugh!!!) I admit I don't bother making my own any more; buy it.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2011, 10:56 PM

Chocolate Cream Pie sounds good to me Eileen
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2011, 03:03 PM

C Comes before P!!

Not if it is provocative Eileen
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2011, 04:50 PM

I must admit I am not a fan of pumpkin as I find it too sweet but each to their own. I hope you like the chocolate pie Eileen
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2011, 07:17 PM

Chocolate is good for the heart Eileen darlin' so, eating the Chocolate Cream pie, you're doing your heart good too.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top