Join for free
Page 6 of 9 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 04:49 PM

Re: Why do we judge

Professor Jackson explains the Fad Approach well.

Lyrics

Words and lyrics

DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 05:08 PM

so forgotten.....not hanky time yet though...
so miss my hula hoop..still got a yoyo, so all happiness on that one
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 05:36 PM

I don't have a Crap Job, I have three.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 05:57 PM

If a person with a high job and a person with a low job were stabbed. The same red stuff would come out of both of them.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 07:44 PM

Back to the O/P - Why do we judge? Because we can so why not?
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
When I was young d00d, nobody asked what you did because it was a given that you worked down the pit....
The local insurance salesman was classed as 'Posh' because he had a car.... The local bobby only had a bike so he was working class like the rest of us....
down the pit? is that a coalmine? I'm not au fait with things up north. Did you really do that?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 09:04 PM

One thing I did learn while working for BT you can't judge a person by what they do or where they live. You get good and bad in all so called classes. I found it best to just be me, if people like me great, if they don't then that is their problem not mine
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
One thing I did learn while working for BT you can't judge a person but what they do or where they live. You get good and bad in all so called classes. I found it best to just be me, if people like me great, if they don't then that is their problem not mine

Best post I've seen all day, RS! Very true, and reveals more of who you are than anything another could say.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Back to the O/P - Why do we judge? Because we can so why not?
Well yes - maybe.
I used to explain what my job was. So, I gave up trying.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
down the pit? is that a coalmine? I'm not au fait with things up north. Did you really do that?
Correct d00d, sometimes referred to as a colliery.
Villages sprung up around them and the communities were very close knit. Everybody knew everybody else, and people very rarely left the village to go on holiday or to work elsewhere. I didn't work down the pit, but started as an apprentice mechanical engineer and indirectly made stuff for the pit. There were only two types of people; Those who worked, and those who didn't. Those who didn't were mostly rogues and wrong'uns.

Page 6 of 9 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top