Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Lynne55
Lancs.
Lynne55 is female  Lynne55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2012, 11:36 AM

Tooooo early!!!

I've just been in a card shop to get a Birthday card for my Sister & noticed they have all their Christmas cards out already
For God's sake its only August - who wants to be thinking about Christmas yet???
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2012, 03:55 PM

Re: Tooooo early!!!

Bah humbug, I never want to think about Christmas...
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2012, 03:58 PM

Christmas cards have been available on TV shopping channels for two months now. Its a waste of time 'not' selling cards these days.

Curiously, if you wanted to buy a card on Christmas Eve, you would have problems as all the shops would have already clean out their Christmas stuff by then.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2012, 04:11 PM

Lynne darlin' - the bus company in my area, in addition to normal bus services per se, also provide days out coach rides and short-stay holidays. Back in JUNE, there were advertisements on the bus for a three day coach trip to a German Market commencing just before Xmas.
TWHRider
South Eastern U.S.
TWHRider is female  TWHRider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2012, 05:39 PM

It's all about the money

I stopped celebrating Christmas with gifts, years ago, when I lost my son and only child in a car accident. The greedy So-and-so's don't get any money out of me.

Doesn't mean I don't acknowlege the real reasons for the Holiday. It just means I'm not parting with any money until the sales start on things I need and maybe something I don't need but would like to have ---- for the right price
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2012, 05:49 PM

What with the horrendous price rise in stamps, I, and am sure lots of other people, will be severely trimming their Xmas Card list. Would'nt buy any shares in Card Companies if I was you.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2012, 06:08 PM

I think it is ridiculous. The last posting date for Australia is around the 1st of December. So we'll have three months to choose and buy and send a card there.
It does so spoil the whole idea of Christmas, when the trees, lights, cards and other paraphernalia is on sale so early.
John, start buying 2nd class stamps now
TWHRider
South Eastern U.S.
TWHRider is female  TWHRider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2012, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
What with the horrendous price rise in stamps, I, and am sure lots of other people, will be severely trimming their Xmas Card list. Would'nt buy any shares in Card Companies if I was you.
We have what is called "Forever" stamps. You pay the going price for them but if they say "Forever" on them, they are useable, regardless of any price increase, and without having to add a smaller denomination stamp to make up the difference.

I now pay just about everything on-line, so still have a bunch of 44 cent stamps. I don't even know what stamps cost today, I think they're still 44 cents

At any rate, if the stamps go up to 50 cents, my 44 cent stamps are still good, by themselves, as long as they say "Forever".

Hope that made sense - what I mean to say doesn't always get accurately translated from my brain to the keyboard
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2012, 09:34 PM

Our Christmas stock where I work will be put out the second week of September Yo ho ho I will sick of Christmas by the time it gets here
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2012, 10:56 PM

John, start buying 2nd class stamps now

Sorry, missed the boat, they went up in price April 30th.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top