Join for free
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2012, 10:08 AM

Does it annoy you too??? Deliveries!!!!!

I waited in yesterday for two deliveries. The first was some DVD's delivered by the Postman. I sit in the lounge which is where my PC is and I have a straight into the lounge outside door. The Postman knocked so loud and long on my door I nearly had a heart attack. Why do they have to do that?? I told him off when I opened the door. I said I do not expect to hear such a loud banging on my door unless there is a fire or you need urgent assistance.
I then received a call from the company delivering a new mattrass. The guy said he was in the area and would be there about 10.45am. I thought great I can go out today.
A few hours after that time they turned up. So ended up not being able to go where I wanted to.
Two different deliveries and I dont know which annoys me the most
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2012, 10:35 AM

Re: Does it annoy you too??? Deliveries!!!!!

I know what you mean. I order my dog food on line and the company I buy from offer free next day delivery which is great but they can't gve a time as they use an outside delivery company so it can be any time meaning I have to wait in until it arrives. The last time they delivered before 8am but it has been mid afternoon meaning a wasted day. Some companies will leave stuff in my porch but others like the dog food people need a signature.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2012, 10:36 AM

The worst thing is when you are actually in and the postman takes your recorderd delivery which needs a signature back to the depot because 'there was no one in'
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2012, 11:28 AM

Another thing that annoys me with buying on the internet. I recently ordered some shoes from The Shoe Tailor and they were uncomfortable so I sent them back. However I still have to pay £2.99 for the postage regardless. I think this cost should be born by the company. Its impossible to know by looking at the computer screen whether shoes will fit well or not. I have a big problem getting comfortable shoes as have mishapen toes. I won't be using them again thats for sure.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2012, 02:13 PM

As I now spend more time in the house then the other half does I'm the one having to do the waiting and I do find it very annoying Sandy, I like to feel free to be able to pop out when I like and not to be kept a prisoner waiting for someone to knock, with all the modern ways of communication you would think they could get a simple delivery out on time. I also think banging on a door sends out panic signals to older people.
Que Sera
Germany
Que Sera is female  Que Sera has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2012, 12:11 PM

It is annoying when the Postman doesn't know where you live.. recently I was waiting for a letter from a company.. there was no reply so after four weeks I decided to give them a ring and ask about it, they told me that they sent the letter but it came back saying adress unknown.. it makes me mad, I mean the postman has eyes in his head or not..
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2012, 10:42 PM

Que Sera, it may not have been the Postmans fault, there may have been extenuating circumstances, don't shoot the messenger.
Hu99
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hu99 is male  Hu99 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2012, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
The worst thing is when you are actually in and the postman takes your recorderd delivery which needs a signature back to the depot because 'there was no one in'
That drives me up the wall. Canada Post are always doing that, they don't even bother to find out if anyone's home. They are the laziest buggers on earth.
Que Sera
Germany
Que Sera is female  Que Sera has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2012, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Hu99 ->
That drives me up the wall. Canada Post are always doing that, they don't even bother to find out if anyone's home. They are the laziest buggers on earth.
That happen's here too sometimes, especially with parcels

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top