Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2012, 11:23 PM

Ratios

The ratio of guests versus members seems to run at 90%, why do contributors think this is the case?
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2012, 01:04 AM

Re: Ratios

Many of the "guests" are spambots and are not real people. I have taken notice that whenever I reply to a thread then look at people online, my last post has been jumped on immediately and being read by a "guest," and these are electronically designed cyber creatures watching out for things posted on the internet.

You may not be aware of this, but everything you contribute to on the internet can be overlooked by different security organisations via spambots on the look-out for various things.

Even your private emails can be monitored. No, I'm not being paranoid - this is a fact - but I can't tell you any more than that.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2012, 08:31 AM

Good morning Mollie, there must be some very confused Spambots out there if they have been reading my Threads/Posts, I spend considerably less time online as the days pass, so if I am in anyway typical, theres goin to be a few Bot redundancies.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2012, 09:46 AM

Yes I'm afraid it's true Spitfire, most of the "Guests" are, in fact, search engine spiders and various high tech bots etc. Welcome to the party chaps....
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2012, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Yes I'm afraid it's true Spitfire, most of the "Guests" are, in fact, search engine spiders and various high tech bots etc. Welcome to the party chaps....
It's a bit scary ain't it

And have you noticed that a lot of the adverts that appear before you've logged in are aimed at your hobbies and interests. This comes from the 'bots' recognising that you have used the word 'gardening' or 'garden' (Or whatever) in a higher percentage than 'normal' (What ever that is ) so they tell the garden equipment manufacturers to put their ads on when you log in assuming you are a keen gardener or whatever it is that you've said a lot about..

Once you've registered and paid Azz your ten pounds these ads are banned, well worth it in my opinion.
Que Sera
Germany
Que Sera is female  Que Sera has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2012, 01:03 PM

Big Brother is watching
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2012, 11:28 PM

If it's a case of what you say is what you want, then the spiders have got me all wrong, my ads are "Laura only lives 2 miles away." Asian women looking for love." and this one makes me laugh they must think I'm stupid "Extra fun for married Men." I already get the Beano so I don't need the Dandy as well.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2012, 08:51 PM

Hey Jemflux, I get some of those adverts. as well - but not the "extra fun for married men"

Does anyone think there is cause for concern about these "bot" things and who might be watching? I've often wondered.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2012, 08:39 AM

I'm still searching high and low for that lovely young lady that only lives four miles from me.Strangely enough, every day I log in, there's another different fourmiler! Just hope I can keep them all happy, when we all get together!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2012, 12:44 PM

Where are all the adverts for handsome young men then?

We ladies appear to get overlooked!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top