Join for free
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2012, 11:58 AM

FB Timeline

Not sure how many of you are aware that Facebook have introduced a new layout on your Facebook page, called Timeline. Instead of all your bits and bobs being quite structured, this new system has them all over the place. I have complained to Facebook, also joined a campaign to get this removed, all to no avail. So yesterday I deleted my whole account, along with hopefully loads of others. Never used Facebook much, just handy to stick some piccies on for friends. Wonder what other users think.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2012, 12:18 PM

Re: FB Timeline

Used to use it for family but now I have decided its for the young.
Que Sera
Germany
Que Sera is female  Que Sera has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2012, 12:43 PM

I use FB to keep in touch with the family,most of them are worldwide.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2012, 04:38 PM

I can't see the sense of putting my new thread among the old Facebook one. My point was not about the merits of Facebook, but rather this latest trend, which affects current users only. All you're going to get, feedback wise, is people saying they like Facebook or not. Could not my thread be put separately, as this is an ongoing problem at Facebook?
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2012, 05:43 PM

I joined and found a whole raft of people I knew were on there. As I didnt particularly want to talk to any of them I immediately deleted myself.
However ever since I have been plagued by people I don't know. I've tried blocking thhem but some seem to get back.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2012, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
I can't see the sense of putting my new thread among the old Facebook one. My point was not about the merits of Facebook, but rather this latest trend, which affects current users only. All you're going to get, feedback wise, is people saying they like Facebook or not. Could not my thread be put separately, as this is an ongoing problem at Facebook?
Hi John your thread can remain separate if you prefer however please see Admin's post here number 85.....
FB has had 5 threads here now on OFF, I don't think they need anymore, everyone's had a chance to have their say and anyone interested in hearing people's thoughts on it can take a look at those threads. I will merge them into one thread so people don't have to go around hunting for them. New FB threads will be closed with a link to that thread.
http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...828#post155828

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top