Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2012, 08:56 PM

Re: Do tv adverts drive you mad?

I keep watching and hoping the two Harveys furniture women will bang their heads together when they dive on that sofa, I've had no luck yet though.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2012, 08:58 AM

Nearly all my TV I watch is recorded on my HD recorder, so all adverts go the way of the 'Fast Forward' button. However, I did start to watch the Paralympics and the constant repetative annoying adverts were starting to get on my nerves.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2012, 08:59 AM

I'm afraid most advertising is a waste where I'm concerned, if I need something I will buy it, but if I don't need it then no amount of advertising will persuade me, and sometimes if the advertisement really hits a nerve, I wouldn't go out and buy the stuff, just to spite the advertiser.
Another thing I've noticed though, is that I can often remember the advertisement if it was funny or striking, but more often than not I can't for the life of me remember what the ad was was trying to sell...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2012, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Graham ->
Nearly all my TV I watch is recorded on my HD recorder, so all adverts go the way of the 'Fast Forward' button. However, I did start to watch the Paralympics and the constant repetative annoying adverts were starting to get on my nerves.
Me too Graham I am afraid the advertisers are wasting their money on me as well.
Falconer
Lancashire
Falconer is male  Falconer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2012, 12:21 AM

As with many other folk, I too hit the 'mute' button during commercial breaks, and I use the 5/6 minutes to 'channel-hop' and see what else is currently being aired...often finding something more interesting and staying with that!...(unless it's a particularly interesting documentary I'm currently watching, or a 'How It's Made' sort of prog!).

As for the ad's themselves'?...I'll save that for another post in case I tend toward's my natural verbosity!...
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2012, 09:10 AM

Falconer,
please don't curb your natural verbosity on my account.

How it's made is one of my favourite progs. THe most interesting ones are when they make simple things ,like first aid sticking plasters.

Some of the ads are really clever, but what they were selling.........who knows?
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2012, 04:52 PM

yep its wasted on me as well, I like the meercats,cant stand the Cumbria Building Society one, I could smack that little boy.But what they are selling goes over the top, havent a clue.
Anji0007
Wales UK
Anji0007 is female  Anji0007 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2012, 08:18 PM

I agree with Robert Jr, the adverts for fiance /loans, & stuff, are made very glam, make it seem so easy to the young who are usualy broke , the repayments are usualy 200% interest & the rest, they are a rip of, & too easy to aquire, this day & age, there are many people so desperate ,they go into this without giving much thought , further than what they need the money for ,its too easy, they realise when they cant repay it , then the real problems start Junk these add's
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2012, 10:20 PM

So true ANji..

I blame Carol Vorderman for the global financial meltdown for fronting the ads encouraging folks to consolidate ALL their debts into ONE easy to repay debt. People trusted her to be savvy.

mebbe?
Anji0007
Wales UK
Anji0007 is female  Anji0007 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2012, 05:51 PM

Mebbie < , she gets blame for a lot of things, as it appens, she even advertised loans !!!! i wonder tho, why cant people be happy with enough?? thats all we need

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top