Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2019, 10:25 AM

Re: Aldi or Lidl

I love Lidl....I always buy the premium products...I never buy the cheapest brand..

Magnum ice creams...Lidl do their own..there is no difference in taste,....some people think that the brand names are the best(including me at one time)...I can assure you they are not.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2019, 10:26 AM

Neither for us either. Mrs LD is a vegetarian and neither of them do a good Quorn range. We have only been into them a couple of times and each time, their food was fit for the bin.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2019, 10:35 AM

When I get my first burden-free pay packet (after paying off my loan) we're going to Waitrose for our month's shopping just as a one-off.

It will be ace to see how we as working class people fit in with the rich and pompous tweed-wearing blokes and ladies with their £250 hair-dos. I hope those unsmiling capitalists try to turn up their noses at us in our normal clothes and cheery nature, that will be fun to watch.

I laugh when those same people shop at Lidl and Aldi with their Porsche Cayennes and Range Rover Evoques parked next to our Fords. Snooty tightwads.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2019, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
When I get my first burden-free pay packet (after paying off my loan) we're going to Waitrose for our month's shopping just as a one-off.

It will be ace to see how we as working class people fit in with the rich and pompous tweed-wearing blokes and ladies with their £250 hair-dos. I hope those unsmiling capitalists try to turn up their noses at us in our normal clothes and cheery nature, that will be fun to watch.

I laugh when those same people shop at Lidl and Aldi with their Porsche Cayennes and Range Rover Evoques parked next to our Fords. Snooty tightwads.
If you are going to Waitrose, don't forget to replace your pyjamas with proper clothes.
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2019, 10:42 AM

LOL. Floydy! Good morning everyone, Have a good day and stay safe and well. God bless.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2019, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
If you are going to Waitrose, don't forget to replace your pyjamas with proper clothes.
Haha! I'm not quite at the stage where I shop in B&M yet, mate. Have you seen those fat chavs slumped over their trollies wearing jim jams showing half their arse and pink 'beer monster' slippers?

Originally Posted by Moyra ->
LOL. Floydy! Good morning everyone, Have a good day and stay safe and well. God bless.
You know me, Moyra. I do get carried away sometimes!
I need to up my game today actually as I'm going out for a pint in Beverley later, which is East Yorkshire's equivalent to St. John's Wood!
Enjoy your day too, Moyra
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2019, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->

normal clothes, Pink Floyd T shirt, a bit cliquey ...

Porsche Cayennes 35 monthly payments of £577.57

Go for it.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2019, 11:04 AM

I will shop in any Supermarket, and have probably tried them all, but I tend to think that any store with it's own bakery will make me stay longer.... who can resist the smell of freshly baked bread?

I have shopped in my local Waitrose for many years, but their high prices are not only reducing the number of customers, the quality of the food is not as good as it used to be. I have had to return fresh food to their shop on more occasions than I have had to return to other stores, and that includes Aldi & Lidl! I suspect that a lot of the money we spend there us used to finance the cost of sharing the profits with the staff, or paying top chefs to recommend their food!

If you want processed food you can get it at a supermarket, but it you want fresh food you are better buying what is seasonal in Britain, as most things that come from other continents can hardly be considered fresh! All food loses it's flavour from the moment it is removed from the ground or the animal.. so we should always check the country of origin.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2019, 11:13 AM

Aldi is just a couple of hundred yards away, and I wouldn't go anywhere else for Red Wine and some of the white wine they have there.

Under 5 quid a bottle and very high on the best buy lists in some of the press (DT for example).

Time to stock up with Toro Loco, Merlot and Pinot Gricio for Christmas.

Reminder, must go today!

Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2019, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Aldi is just a couple of hundred yards away, and I wouldn't go anywhere else for Red Wine and some of the white wine they have there.

Under 5 quid a bottle and very high on the best buy lists in some of the press (DT for example).

Time to stock up with Toro Loco, Merlot and Pinot Gricio for Christmas.

Reminder, must go today!

I still swear, that it was Lidl Chardonnay that started my tummy troubles when l suffered with reflux and bloated tummy about two years ago.
My brother came to stay with me and brought the wine. It didn’t taste too bad but it was after drinking it, that my tummy troubles started.
It might have been a coincidence, l don’t know?

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top