Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 02:21 PM

Specsavers

My nearest one is doing eye tests for a fiver.
Looked elsewhere and some places (eg Wales) are doing them free
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 02:48 PM

Re: Specsavers

Being diabetic I get mine free anyway but always good to hear where they are doing them cheap.

Our optician is independent and when I was there this morning had many half price frames and deals. I was shocked to find I now need glasses full time, had until now managed with readers. My bill for some nice frames and a non glare (for night driving) coating on my new lenses was £100 which I didn't think was too bad.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Being diabetic I get mine free anyway but always good to hear where they are doing them cheap.

Our optician is independent and when I was there this morning had many half price frames and deals. I was shocked to find I now need glasses full time, had until now managed with readers. My bill for some nice frames and a non glare (for night driving) coating on my new lenses was £100 which I didn't think was too bad.
That sounds like a good price
I bought my current reading specs and computer specs from Tesco's a few years ago at half price .... very cheap too
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 03:48 PM

The last pair of glasses I had cost me something like £460, but they are the Rolls Royce of glasses. Normally I like to make my money spin out but I don't skimp on anything to do with my health.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

22-05-2015, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
The last pair of glasses I had cost me something like £460, but they are the Rolls Royce of glasses.
Ooooo ... what make are they ?

And are you going to give us a twirl ?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke;655580[B
]The last pair of glasses I had cost me something like £460, but they are the Rolls Royce of glasses.[/B] Normally I like to make my money spin out but I don't skimp on anything to do with my health.

Blimey Alan, I'd want gold frames for that!
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 04:07 PM

The last pair of glasses I had cost me something like £460, but they are the Rolls Royce of glasses. Normally I like to make my money spin out but I don't skimp on anything to do with my health.
Ffffferk me!

My last pair of 1963 Ford Anglia Specsaver glasses cost me £45 and they are more than adequate for me!

Jeeeez - what the hell d'ya need balanced on yer nose, or is it a vanity thing? stevmk2
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
Ffffferk me!

My last pair of 1963 Ford Anglia Specsaver glasses cost me £45 and they are more than adequate for me!

Jeeeez - what the hell d'ya need balanced on yer nose, or is it a vanity thing? stevmk2
You wouldn't make that last remark if you knew me Steve.
They are titanium frames (I hate those thick plastic frames), they are varifocus and are tinted and they have a special sort of glass that gives the magnification without looking like jam-jar bottoms. Next time I need new lenses I'll keep the same frames so it balances out over the years. Finally I've worked hard all my life and can afford it, that makes all the difference.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

22-05-2015, 04:22 PM

They are titanium frames (I hate those thick plastic frames), they are varifocus and are tinted and they have a special sort of glass that gives the magnification without looking like jam-jar bottoms. Next time I need new lenses I'll keep the same frames so it balances out over the years.
and can you see through people's clothing ?
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 04:32 PM

They are titanium frames (I hate those thick plastic frames), they are varifocus and are tinted and they have a special sort of glass that gives the magnification without looking like jam-jar bottoms. Next time I need new lenses I'll keep the same frames so it balances out over the years.
Oh Yeah?!

Yes I would Alan!

What are they then - £250+ "Designer" Glasses or are you into Cartier?

Sorry mate but it's sounds like snobbery plus vanity to me. stevmk2

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top