Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2019, 04:50 PM

Scent to annoy us?

Those TV adverts which feature lots of people marching, backwards & forwards, half dressed, through lakes, etc.

When you get to the end of the advert, what are they advertising?

Yes, a bottle of perfume!

Surely, if they feel the need to spend all that money on advertising, people would prefer them just to CUT THE PRICE!

It must get people going, of course, as they wouldn't do it otherwise.

Note: some of the Christmas Ads are good!

Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2019, 05:22 PM

Re: Scent to annoy us?

Some of the car ads are like that too, you have no idea it's a car ad, til the end. You do obviously when you've seen it again & again.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2019, 07:18 PM

The perfume ads have become very tedious, they are all very similar and usually end with someone muttering something in French 'Hon he haw'
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2019, 07:48 PM

I rarely watch television. Eggheads, snooker, and F1 racing.
And yes, the ads irk me."Compare the meerkat......."
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2019, 07:50 PM

Yes the perfume adds are beginning to smell a bit old and mouldy.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2019, 01:16 AM

Good thread title
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2019, 02:35 AM

Most Adverts don’t register with me.
I mentally switch off from the arty farty ones, where women are walking through golden lakes draped in floaty scarves or cars are driving through mountain scenery with some stirring classical music backtrack. I hear the music but my mind can’t be bothered to try to grasp what the Ad is for.

If I find an Ad amusing or cute, I may remember it better but still often forget what product it is advertising.

The only exception being the Flash Advert with the big white dog in the bath ... that’s a brilliant adaptation of a brilliant song .. Where has all the mud gone? Flash .. cleans up .. the impossible!

I like the Christmas Ads with Kevin the Carrot too, I know it’s for one of the big cheap supermarkets - maybe Asda? Not sure.

I thought the new John Lewis Ad was rubbish at first - and a ridiculous waste of so much money - but the cute smile of that dragon is growing on me. I never shop in John Lewis, though.

Do any of these adverts really make people buy the product or brand?
I suppose the company bosses and advertising gurus must think they do, or they wouldn’t spend so much money on them.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2019, 07:26 AM

Hi

Aftershaves which make you a success with women?

It is a joke.

Eau de Credit Card is the only one which works.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2019, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Aftershaves which make you a success with women?

It is a joke.

Eau de Credit Card is the only one which works.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2019, 01:23 PM

Smell-O-Vision has been tried so the technology does exist but ----

Can you imagine how some rather risqué programs would come across?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top