Join for free
Page 18 of 22 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 > Last »
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2012, 08:26 PM

Re: Dieting

Young Ted I believe you are now winding us up. You are thouroughly enjoying yourself. I totally agree, afterall it was me that started this in the first place but not everyone wants to hear it. As I said before young man you are pushing on an open door.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2012, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
Well done Alicat and marpaul.. I hope this week is a good one and at the end you can say goodbye to a pound or two in weight not in Morrisons or Asda.
Thanks Cookiecate and thanks for all your advice and information, very helpful.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2012, 08:41 PM

Pity this thread was hijacked and turned into chaos. Anything I can ever do to help you in your journey to good health and weightloss will be my pleasure. Ihave lived with being overweight all of my life and I know this is my last chance to get gorgeous.
TedHutchinson
Louth UK
TedHutchinson is male  TedHutchinson has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2012, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
Pity this thread was hijacked and turned into chaos. Anything I can ever do to help you in your journey to good health and weightloss will be my pleasure. Ihave lived with being overweight all of my life and I know this is my last chance to get gorgeous.
Well if I can do it anyone can.
I've got the disadvantage that because of my late effects of polio I'm totally unable to work off surplus calories.
I had to find a way to lose weight that fitted in with my love of red wine and eating yet didn't require me to exist on starvation rations.
So many people think that you have to eat less and exercise more, yet when they try that they find either they can't keep it up or they just get used to exercise more and their metabolism slows down so they find it doesn't make any difference.
But there is a way and I'm sure you can all learn from someone who has successfully lost weight and not regained.
On my PC at the moment I'm reading this paper where it tells us the high-protein fed mice needed almost 7 times more energy to achieve a weight gain of 1 g than mice on the high-sucrose diet Now who still thinks that a calorie is a calorie when it takes 7 times more protein than sugar to increase weight 1g?

You mustn't shut you minds off to what scientists and researchers can tell us. It's such a shame that so many people have closed minds and are dead set on making the same mistakes time and time again without learning from the science how these mistakes can be avoided.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

22-02-2012, 02:47 PM

You must have had a struggle with keeping in the boundaries of a healthy weight.

Certainly I could not survive on the starvation rations or even eating less and exercising more. I have arthritis and I find any exercise apart from swimming very painful.

I am convinced that my metabolism slowed down and has been difficult to kick start again after living on amphetamine pills that my doctors used to give me like they were smarties.

I would have one boiled egg with a slice of toast in the morning and nothing else until I drank a bottle of wine each night to bring myself down from the high the pills had put me on. This went on for weeks, months and years.

I have tried low fat diets with the aid of xenical capsules which pass 33% of any fat that you take in through your bowels. This is most unpleasant and I ended up not eating any fat whatsover and still only lost a few pounds each month.

Then we talked to my husbands doctor and although he would not give his blessing on a low carb high fat diet he eventually agreed that being obese and having no control over blood glucose was just as much a risk as getting kidney disease through too much fat.

Since we both began to eat properly we are in control of our food intake we don't get hungry and we are not tempted to eat anything that we shouldn't.

What is annoying is when my husband went back after losing weight and showing his blood glucose had gone down. They stll said ahhhh yes but your cholesterol will go up. So we are now waiting for the test results to come back to show that his cholesterol will not have gone up. Certainly not the bad one any way.

You are quite right we must never shut our minds to anything that is out there. People died because doctors didn't wash their hands and I expect the first doctor to point that out was scorned. I will always listen to anyones views even though I may disagree sometimes.
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2012, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by TedHutchinson ->

You mustn't shut you minds off to what scientists and researchers can tell us. It's such a shame that so many people have closed minds and are dead set on making the same mistakes time and time again without learning from the science how these mistakes can be avoided.

It's obvious Ted that the science of food and it's effect on one's diet interests you greatly but I think you are going to needless lengths to get your findings across to the members on this forum.
I don't believe this thread was meant to be a heavy science lesson on how much knowledge there is out there on the internet.
Although I do understand the the details of the LCD diet it is only one of many diets and others may have a wish to follow their own choices.
If your interest is predominantly in the LCD diet an interesting site with like minded people is the Blogg of Michael R Eades, MD. who makes some interesting reading and debates.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

28-02-2012, 02:46 PM

While it is quiet in here and nobody seems to be around I will knock off a few cob webs and just say that Mr Cookie has lost 30lbs since January 1st and I have lost 17lbs since Jan 31st.

His bloods are now normal and he has stopped taking one of the diabetes medications Glucoside and is so full of energy and looking good.

I have lost a dress size and will be off to get my hair cut and streaked to keep up with a handsome new husband.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2012, 02:51 PM

Very well done to both you and Mr Cookie, Cate

Have you both set yourself loss targets?
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

28-02-2012, 04:00 PM

He would like to be down to 16 stones and as he is now down to 17. 10 that seems doable by his birthday in May.

Me, well I want to be able to get into a size 16 in everything. At the moment I am a 20 just arrived from 22. I have a vast collection of different sized clothes but the size 16 selection hasn't seen the light of day for some years.

Luckily I am not a fashion fan.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2012, 04:08 PM

You are both determined so I feel sure you'll reach your targets

Page 18 of 22 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top