Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2009, 10:25 AM

Freezing Friday thread

Brrrrr!
Hope any snow that has fallen is not causing any of you problems.
There's none here but there is a nasty cold wind a forecast for light snow showers.
I'm listening to the end of the last ever Terry Wogan morning show and wondering whether I will venture out or not. (btw - I was pleased to see that Sir Tel is to take over the Sunday R2 slot vacated by Micheal Parkinson; I haven't much liked Michael Ball in that slot)
How is everyone ontheir feet on the ice? I am blimmin hopeless - is it a function of aging/balance? Yet the Wii exercises I do score me pretty good on balance. Fear of falling and hurting? Fear of falling and looking ridiculous? Dunno. Anyway, I have some spikey things to slip over my shoes - maybe they will help?
Have a good day all - keep warm and safe
Geordiegirl
Suffolk UK
Geordiegirl is female  Geordiegirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2009, 11:09 AM

Re: Freezing Friday thread

The pics say it all and we are f
orecast for more[IMG][/IMG]
looking up the drive over the fields

and down the back garden[IMG][/IMG]

take care everyone

Jeanette
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2009, 11:32 AM

Morning all

We also have snow, just about to walk Fiji up the track to see how bad it is but have doubts as to wether I will get the car up there. I am supposed to be at work today too. If I can't get out the rangers will have to come and get me!

Hope you are all keeping warm.
Sweep
Kent UK
Sweep is female  Sweep has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2009, 11:43 AM

Morning bbbrrr....well no snow here in Folkestone, but it is ffffrrrreeeezzzzzinnnnggg!!!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2009, 11:48 AM

Have done our regular 40 minute walk. Pretty cold, though nice where the sun was shining. I've been back about 15 minutes and there are snow flurries outside now - I don't tink anything dramatic will happen but there are a few flakes in the air
Oh - and I didn't need the snow-chain things on my feet - it's very dry and there's no ice
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2009, 12:19 PM

Morning Dinahsmum and Everyone - no snow where I live but icy pavements and roads, gritters were up at 3 am this morning and again at 5 am! I hate going out when it is icy underfoot as I live at the corner of a steep hill and it is treacherous walking on it! Should have trained Loki for taking me down the drive in a sledge!!

Lovely photos, Jeanette, of where you live and hope the snow stays down there

Enjoy your day, Everyone.

Take care.
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2009, 12:36 PM

Morning all, no snow here, just an occasional flurry...Was mean to pick Hubby up at 10.35am, but his plane was delayed in Houston, think it finally landed at Heathrow at 11.40am, but have not heard from him yet regarding his connecting flight to Aberdeen....
He is going to be growley today....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2009, 01:29 PM

The sun is shining here but it's sooooooooo cold!
We had about 5 minutes of snow earlier so hopefully that's our lot!

Stay warm and stay safe everyone!

dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2009, 05:52 PM

Doom and gloom! The first really big snowstorm of the season is barreling toward us, 6 - 12" forecast, and big panic! Washingtonians don't handle snow well, there is always a rush at the markets to stock up. Whole Foods was packed this morning, all the checkouts manned but with horrendous lines! I'm stocked up to be snowbound till Tuesday at least, will be unable to get to the library tomorrow. Right now it's cloudy and -1 (29 F). Oh how I hate snow!

DM, I'm very reluctant to walk in the snow, and especially on the ice because of fear of falling. I never have, but dread the idea of a broken bone. I have ice gripper thingies too, used them when I was younger and bolder; now I just stay in! Normally I shovel my own walk, but if we do get the 12" forecast will wait till my nice neighbor with the snowblower does it; getting too old for that!

Stay safe and warm, all.
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2009, 07:00 PM

Here in Southend NO roads have been gritted. In the High St. there no sign that even a shovel of sand has been thrown. I think we`re meant ti stay indoors.
The dogs love it though
Here`s Daisy & Razzle playing in the garden

And Shamus doing zoomies with a friendly retriever

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top