Join for free
Reply
Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
swimfeeders is online now
Shropshire
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 15,353
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
14-05-2018, 04:25 PM
11

Re: Last Gasp Attempt !

Hi

The old have has much right to vote as the young, that is democracy.

Democracy only works if people use their vote.

The younger ones who are now complaining had every change to use their vote, the statistics show many did not, if they had the result could have been different.

They have only themselves to blame.

I voted leave with a heavy heart, the EU could have been good for us, however our Politicians were not up to the job of making sure that it was.

We let megalomaniacs like Juncker and his Federalists rule the roost.

This was unforgivable and detrimental to us.

i wish we had stronger Politicians, we were a major contributor, our voice should have counted.

The smaller Countries, who receive money, like Poland and Hungary have Politicians prepared to stand up and be counted.

They just told the EU to naff off, in spite of threats.

Both France and Germany do not meet EU Rules, but nothing happens to them.

They work the EU to their advantage, unlike our bunch of wimps.

We are being held to ransom by Ireland, inexcusable and a sign of our weak Politicians.
Reply With Quote
Vaniy's Avatar
Vaniy
Senior Member
Vaniy is online now
Spain
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 404
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
14-05-2018, 04:41 PM
12

Re: Last Gasp Attempt !

I am not saying anything about who can and cannot vote

The younger people who at the time of the referendum were too young are now saying they want a say before anything is set in stone

I agree with you swim our politicians are crap they just let everybody walk all over them

as i have said in other posts our voting system is the best first past the post no (usually ) hung parliaments the continent can not get their heads around this even now Germany still does not have a proper government

but again we let them tell us what to do and to vote for the EU members its a sort of half way house nither first past the post or proportional representation

Also we let stupid parties run who did not want to be there therefore taking the piss at every opportunity when they got to Brussels but taking the money

This of course did not go down well

Don't get me wrong I love a good joke but they don't all they understand is been dictated to and this is where went wrong
Reply With Quote
AnnieS's Avatar
AnnieS
Chatterbox
AnnieS is online now
United Kingdom
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 8,205
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
14-05-2018, 09:01 PM
13

Re: Last Gasp Attempt !

I would be very happy if David Miliband took over as leader of the labour party.
Reply With Quote
Lion Queen
Senior Member
Lion Queen is offline
West Yorkshire
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 3,587
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
14-05-2018, 09:36 PM
14

Re: Last Gasp Attempt !

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
well, your words speak volumes about you, those retired old farts that you speak so scathingly of, are the very ones that fought to give you the freedom to open your big mouth to insult them.

As for your boast about 980,000 students at 60 of the country's leading universities and colleges writing to mp's in their areas this weekend. Don't make me laugh!
Half of those students are acting like sheep, following the moronic ringleader's actions solely through fear of intolerant action being meted out to those that dare to disagree, also, who then are the true recipients of the meaning of "farts" by attempting to ban free speech? Which seem to be prevalent in our higher education system nowadays. In fact, i can bet that 90% of those same 980,000 students taking part in any action, are doing so, under duress to be seen to "fit in", and not what they believe in at all.

And this is from an old retired fart!

Over to you.
Reply With Quote
Moscow
Senior Member
Moscow is offline
Scotland
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,175
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-05-2018, 06:59 AM
15

Re: Last Gasp Attempt !

Originally Posted by Vaniy ->
I am not saying anything about who can and cannot vote

The younger people who at the time of the referendum were too young are now saying they want a say before anything is set in stone

I agree with you swim our politicians are crap they just let everybody walk all over them

as i have said in other posts our voting system is the best first past the post no (usually ) hung parliaments the continent can not get their heads around this even now Germany still does not have a proper government

but again we let them tell us what to do and to vote for the EU members its a sort of half way house nither first past the post or proportional representation

Also we let stupid parties run who did not want to be there therefore taking the piss at every opportunity when they got to Brussels but taking the money

This of course did not go down well

Don't get me wrong I love a good joke but they don't all they understand is been dictated to and this is where went wrong
Most young people probably don't care that much about Brexit and if those that say they do weren't being targeted by project Fear and made to feel anxious and fearful of our post Brexit status there wouldn't be so much fuss.

Young people should be getting told about the amazing potential of Brexit.

I disagree with Swimmy's contention theat Remainers aren't to blame and the Govt are........The Gov't ARE Remainers,lol

That's why things, from our perspective, don't look so good.
Reply With Quote
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
swimfeeders is online now
Shropshire
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 15,353
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-05-2018, 09:03 AM
16

Re: Last Gasp Attempt !

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Most young people probably don't care that much about Brexit and if those that say they do weren't being targeted by project Fear and made to feel anxious and fearful of our post Brexit status there wouldn't be so much fuss.

Young people should be getting told about the amazing potential of Brexit.

I disagree with Swimmy's contention theat Remainers aren't to blame and the Govt are........The Gov't ARE Remainers,lol

That's why things, from our perspective, don't look so good.
Hi

May appointed the leading Brexiteers to top positions in Government.

She set the Red Lines, which is what we voted for and issued Article 50 as soon as possible, two years to leave.

Boris as Foreign Secretary, Davies in charge of negotiations, Fox in charge of Trade Deals, Gove in charge of Environment.

All key positions.

She then told them to get on with delivering their promises.

The promises were, the EU will come running, The EU needs us more than we need them, we will save 135 million a week which we can spend on the NHS, new Trade Deals with the rest of the World will be a doodle.

Not a single one of these promises have been met.

We have had to go cap in hand to the EU to beg for an extension period because we are not ready to leave.

Nobody has come running, India has told us to get lost unless we allow more immigration, complaints have been made to the WTO, including by the USA.

We are losing Services, our biggest export, so no saving 135 Million a week, a net loss in fact.

held to ransom by Ireland, a much smaller economy.

A simple set of failures by the Brexiteers who had the power to deliver.

I have every right to be angry.
Reply With Quote
AnnieS's Avatar
AnnieS
Chatterbox
AnnieS is online now
United Kingdom
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 8,205
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-05-2018, 08:44 PM
17

Re: Last Gasp Attempt !

Originally Posted by Moscow ->

Young people should be getting told about the amazing potential of Brexit.
Perhaps you could share the "amazing potential of Brexit" because all I see is a pile of stinky stuff.

Many things in life have potential which is never fulfilled because the conditions just aren't in place for making it happen. You will see that I am proved right that this is one of them.
Can you explain how we are going to avoid a stinky mess and come up smell of roses rather than manure?
Reply With Quote
Purwell's Avatar
Purwell
Chatterbox
Purwell is online now
North Herts, England
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 6,453
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-05-2018, 09:01 PM
18

Re: Last Gasp Attempt !

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Perhaps you could share the "amazing potential of Brexit" because all I see is a pile of stinky stuff.

Many things in life have potential which is never fulfilled because the conditions just aren't in place for making it happen. You will see that I am proved right that this is one of them.
Can you explain how we are going to avoid a stinky mess and come up smell of roses rather than manure?
He can't and nor can anyone else, there is nothing to be gained and lots to lose.
Reply With Quote
AnnieS's Avatar
AnnieS
Chatterbox
AnnieS is online now
United Kingdom
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 8,205
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-05-2018, 09:46 PM
19

Re: Last Gasp Attempt !

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
He can't and nor can anyone else, there is nothing to be gained and lots to lose.
Precisely, it's a fairy tale but nobody can even be bothered to write it. A pot of gold at the end of a rainbow....
Reply With Quote
Moscow
Senior Member
Moscow is offline
Scotland
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,175
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
16-05-2018, 07:07 AM
20

Re: Last Gasp Attempt !

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Precisely, it's a fairy tale but nobody can even be bothered to write it. A pot of gold at the end of a rainbow....
Not true.

You've been told many times but you're mind is closed. You've shut down your faculty for free thinking and have become institutionalised.

You're like a patient in a mental asylum who won't go through the door when all the staff have left and the doors are unlocked. You just stand in the doorway looking out at the sunny lawn too feart to move to feart to act!
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.