Join for free
Page 7 of 14 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 10:24 AM

Re: Old Grey Fox in the Hot seat.

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
awww and I was going to ask you to take me to see The Lion King so I could have met my 'mate' teehee
I could easily be tempted Lion Queen.......Never say Never!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Hi OGFox,

I always notice a person's grammar and punctuation...you are no slouch. How far did you go in school?
and; if I may ask something else...
What’s the worst and best thing about being male?
Thanks for the complement you are very kind Wild Blueberry.....

I've always been better with my hands than with my brain WB....
At school I was always up for a laugh and sometimes wished I had listened more. The teachers did their best with me and some of it stuck...
I attended Stainforth Secondary Modern (the clue is in the name) and I left at fifteen with no qualifications - Nobody asked me to take any - but jobs were easy to come by in those days, and if you turned up for your interview with a clean shirt on and polished shoes the job was yours... It was up to you how long you kept it though.....

I managed to keep the job until I finished my seven year apprenticeship, where I did earn some qualifications....

The best things about being a male....I can read a map, reverse a vehicle and I don't have to do the ironing.....

The worst thing about being a male.....Getting slagged off and poink'ed by all the ladies on the forum for writing my last comment.........
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

23-09-2018, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Good Morning Foxy - you are proving an interesting hot seat occupant! I love your workshop - my craft room pales by comparison!!

If you (and Mrs Foxy, of course ) had to leave England and live somewhere else - where would it be and why?
Good Morning Silver Tabby....... and thanks for your question...

Thanks for your appraisal of my Workshop, I'm sure that yours is just as unique to you as mine is to me.....They keep the mind occupied Tabby, that's the main thing....

I would never leave England for good, however, Mrs Fox would leave tomorrow.... Either Spain or Guernsey would be the probable destination, we both love Spain and the Spanish people and have traveled there many times. The excellent climate can't be ignored either.....

Guernsey on the other hand is such a peaceful and stress free island, virtually crime free with such wonderful friendly people. Walking and running there would become my full time occupation with miles of coastal paths and green lanes to explore every day. I would not even own a car.....Well, perhaps just a little one....

If I had to state a reason for my exit from Blighty, it would be that the pace of life here seems so much faster and more complicated than it used to be, but that's maybe just me....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

23-09-2018, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Foxy, do you ever consciously exercise the grey Matter, IQ tests and the like?
Morning Spitty, good to see you...

Do I ever consciously exercise the grey Matter?

Yes I do occasionally Spitty, with Sudoku puzzles (my favourite) and some mathematical problems I used to get out of the Sunday papers, unfortunately my FIL passed away last year and being as we don't take a newspaper, he used to give me his, after finishing the crosswords of course....I'm not so good with word puzzles that's Mrs Fox's domain... Even as we speak she's across the table working on a wordsearch....

I saw an ad in a magazine and applied to Mensa, and received an IQ test you could do at home. I observed all of the rules (obviously) and posted it back...A few days later I received the result.....They said "Their scoring didn't go down into single figures!".........Seriously though...I got 140....They asked me to attend and take another test but I couldn't be arsed....But I do love working out problems, usually the electronic kind......
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

23-09-2018, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Hi Foxy... doing well here Mister

My question..

Do you or have you ever had pets...not counting the spider
You're far too kind Summer.....

Ha ha ha ...Yes the spider..........I'm frightened of spiders.....Even Tara!

I don't think there has ever been a time when I haven't owned a cat Summer....
They seem to follow me around. Even when I'm out running there are some regular ones who won't let me pass without giving them a stroke. It added ten minutes to my walk when I was a postman, as they all required some attention, and I'm such a softie with cats. It all started when I was a boy, we had a black cat called 'Sooty'...Next came another black one called 'Smutt' (can you guess who named her?) Then after I got married 'Lucy' moved in with us - No not another woman..... but another black cat! And finally, hooray.......Maddie, a ginger female one....And she's one hell of a smug feline with a death stare that would turn anyone to stone when her dish is empty...She's prowling about now.....

We also had an Aquarium for a few years, but it was a lot of work, and we like to go away on holiday quite often, so it was a problem trying to arrange an automatic feeder that lasted for fourteen days. It was a large tank and needed a change of water every so often, with ten buckets in and out for a 50% change and I'm not getting any younger....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

23-09-2018, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Good morning OGF.

Who was your favourite singer/group when you were a teenager?

Oh and I wondered - Do you dance?
You asking Carol?....

I can throw a few shapes on the dance floor Carol, but I don't know if you would describe it as 'Dancing'.... Every New Year we stay in a hotel and attend the New Years Eve dinner/dance, once the music starts Mrs Fox and me get up to dance and don't sit down again until the music stops....We just love a bit of Rock or Motown, and even do the occasional jive.... So Yes!....If there is a dance floor and some good music I'll be up there 'Strutting me stuff'.......

Favourite Singer/Group.....Let me see.....Just about everything in the charts at the time Carol....
I had a massive picture of 'the Searches' on my bedroom wall, and also ....'Freddie and the Dreamers' Can you believe that! Helen Shapiro, But that was probably pre teenager days (1960 I was ten)

So....The Beatles, The Beachboys, Merseybeats, Small Faces, Jerry and the Pacemakers, The Rolling Stones perhaps more recently, I've learned to love the stones more over the years. Sonny and Cher (just the one song - 'I got you Babe') John Denver, ELO.....The list is endless Carol, but if I had to name but one, it would be 'The Beatles'....They're Just perennial!....
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 12:50 PM

Hi OGF, enjoying your stint in the seat, have you walked the Coast to Coast route. ?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

23-09-2018, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Hi OGF.

Do you like Historical things, like going to Historical places, Castles, Ruins etc.?
Hello Susie.....and nice to see you....

I would have to say yes Susie, being as I'm practically historical myself....
The older I get the more a day out means a visit to a Stately Home or Castle instead of a marathon or a fell run....

But yes! I love to visit historical places and learn the history.
Battlefields are a particular favourite, since I came across a few while out running and walking. I didn't even know they were there, and couldn't wait to get home to research the battle that took place there.
Castles are also great places to visit and get a good view of the surrounding countryside from high up on the walls.

A very interesting and overlooked pastime is finding crashed aircraft sites on the moors. I had the pleasure of walking with an old retired school teacher a few years ago, so knowledgeable on the subject, and he had maps of all the crash sites we passed by. I was surprised at the number of aircraft that came to grief on the high ground, and we even found evidence at many of the sites. Sadly he passed away last year at the grand old age of 92. His interest in the subject became clear when they read out his obituary, he was apparently a very successful Spitfire pilot during the war....And he never mentioned it....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 12:59 PM

Afternoon Bob

Away from the forum and in real life talking face to face with others, would you say you are a lively conversationalist as you are on here, or do you see yourself as more of a listener and rather reserved person?
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks for the complement you are very kind Wild Blueberry.....

I've always been better with my hands than with my brain WB....
At school I was always up for a laugh and sometimes wished I had listened more. The teachers did their best with me and some of it stuck...
I attended Stainforth Secondary Modern (the clue is in the name) and I left at fifteen with no qualifications - Nobody asked me to take any - but jobs were easy to come by in those days, and if you turned up for your interview with a clean shirt on and polished shoes the job was yours... It was up to you how long you kept it though.....

I managed to keep the job until I finished my seven year apprenticeship, where I did earn some qualifications....

The best things about being a male....I can read a map, reverse a vehicle and I don't have to do the ironing.....

The worst thing about being a male.....Getting slagged off and poink'ed by all the ladies on the forum for writing my last comment.........
You are an amazing man OGFox, I enjoyed this reply...thanks.

Do you have any interest in "outer space" ? I love watching videos about space and all the marvelous objects(for lack of a better word at the moment) that reside there.

Page 7 of 14 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top