Join for free
Page 8 of 14 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 03:25 PM

Re: Old Grey Fox in the Hot seat.

Thanks for the pics of the workshop OGF. I love it. It looks a bit Sci-fy.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Thanks for the pics of the workshop OGF. I love it. It looks a bit Sci-fy.
Same here. It's a dream of a workshop; I'd love to build something like that
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Same here. It's a dream of a workshop; I'd love to build something like that
Especially with those speakers...
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Morning Spitty, good to see you...

Do I ever consciously exercise the grey Matter?

Yes I do occasionally Spitty, with Sudoku puzzles (my favourite) and some mathematical problems I used to get out of the Sunday papers, unfortunately my FIL passed away last year and being as we don't take a newspaper, he used to give me his, after finishing the crosswords of course....I'm not so good with word puzzles that's Mrs Fox's domain... Even as we speak she's across the table working on a wordsearch....

I saw an ad in a magazine and applied to Mensa, and received an IQ test you could do at home. I observed all of the rules (obviously) and posted it back...A few days later I received the result.....They said "Their scoring didn't go down into single figures!".........Seriously though...I got 140....They asked me to attend and take another test but I couldn't be arsed....But I do love working out problems, usually the electronic kind......
That's a fair old score Foxy, after asking the question, I thought, with stuff like IQ, it don't really matter where you've been, or what your work was, or what you studied, the test result would have been the same for the individual, aged 16 or 60.

Would you agree with that assumption?
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 04:07 PM

Hi OGF.

I love looking and watching War time Aeroplanes.
What do you like the most?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 04:44 PM

Hello again Foxy.

I also love walking - have done the Lyke Wake, Cleveland Way, Ebor - and several of the Forestry walks. Have walked most of the Lake District and climbed all the mountains there except Scafell Pike.

Do you have a favourite walk/run and is there one still to be done?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

23-09-2018, 04:49 PM

Which type of woman do you prefer?

A) Marilyn Monroe

B) Fiona Bruce

C) Liz McColgan

D) A mix of all three.

I like to ask the important questions.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Hi OGF, enjoying your stint in the seat, have you walked the Coast to Coast route. ?
Thanks Nom, glad I'm keeping you Interested, nice of you to say.......

I haven't actually walked the Coast to Coast Nom, but back in 1999 a friend and myself Cycled from St Bees head to Robin Hoods bay by road over three days. We had intended to cycle into Scarborough and take the train home, but we enjoyed it so much we cycled the 93 miles home. We covered a total of 282 Miles.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Afternoon Bob

Away from the forum and in real life talking face to face with others, would you say you are a lively conversationalist as you are on here, or do you see yourself as more of a listener and rather reserved person?
Good Evening Floydy.....

The beauty of the forum is that you can think about what you want to say before you write, and then you can re read it and see how it would sound if you were speaking to someone face to face...Only when you are happy with it, you can then post it...So nothing is spontaneous, even though it might appear so...

In a face to face encounter I would spend more time listening before commenting, although subjects that I'm passionate about, I do tend to get carried away and then it's hard to shut me up.... Definitely not reserved Floydy.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

23-09-2018, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
You are an amazing man OGFox, I enjoyed this reply...thanks.

Do you have any interest in "outer space" ? I love watching videos about space and all the marvelous objects(for lack of a better word at the moment) that reside there.
Thanks Wild Blueberry, your nice comments are much appreciated...

The universe has always been a source of wonderment to me, and I always try to observe any astronomical events that may be taking place in the heavens.
An asteroid shower, an eclipse, a sighting of the International Space Station passing overhead, or just a full moon rising in a clear Autumn sky.
On clear nights I sometimes step outside and stare up into the sky, and I'm always fascinated by what I see.

And I don't mind the occasional movie concerning Science fiction with space related themes, nothing too heavy though....

Page 8 of 14 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top