Join for free
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 02:21 PM

Re: Amateur photography : Hints & Tips

Realspeed PM received and I responded
Danny
Denver, CO
Danny is male  Danny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 02:32 PM

First off that is the same camera I used to own, it's a great camera. Your composition could use a little work, but that comes with more photos. I like them all and wildlife especially birding is my favorite hobby. #7 it's a shame the hawk hid from you. When shooting wildlife, like Dood said I keep it in Shutter Speed and usually cranked up for birds in flight. BTW where do you live that you get shots of a leopard or cheetah can't tell which it is. altogether I love them.

When you get ready to upgrade your camera let's have a chat? I may be able to help you, by pointing out options that allow you to get more camera for less $$.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 02:37 PM

FWIW, I just try things with varying results. One is a weed in our garden - we were having a clear out this morning. And the other is a rose.

I used to have a film camera yonks ago but you were limited to 36 frames so you had to be a bit selective . Now you can have thousands even if you want to trash most of them.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
FWIW, I just try things with varying results. One is a weed in our garden - we were having a clear out this morning. And the other is a rose.

I used to have a film camera yonks ago but you were limited to 36 frames so you had to be a bit selective . Now you can have thousands even if you want to trash most of them.
Visitor, your compositions are always striking!
Love these pics
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

15-07-2021, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Danny ->
First off that is the same camera I used to own, it's a great camera. Your composition could use a little work, but that comes with more photos. I like them all and wildlife especially birding is my favorite hobby. #7 it's a shame the hawk hid from you. When shooting wildlife, like Dood said I keep it in Shutter Speed and usually cranked up for birds in flight. BTW where do you live that you get shots of a leopard or cheetah can't tell which it is. altogether I love them.

When you get ready to upgrade your camera let's have a chat? I may be able to help you, by pointing out options that allow you to get more camera for less $$.
Thanks Danny. I agree - my composition could use some work. It’s just I’m so nervous about the shot and it’s a moving target. I have to work on that.

Here’s another pic of the Tawny Hawk.

These pics were taken at a National Park in South Africa. It’s a Leopard. They’re very elusive and difficult to spot. I was in shock when I actually saw her. Breathtaking moment so my composition went to pieces. There’s a thread under Travel and Holidays - ‘Kruger National Park - South Africa’ if you’re interested to see all the pictures taken.

I will definitely enlist your help for an upgrade - thanks

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	34EB5D16-5574-42F1-B790-8D90D75CA4F2.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	16291  
Danny
Denver, CO
Danny is male  Danny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Thanks Danny. I agree - my composition could use some work. It’s just I’m so nervous about the shot and it’s a moving target. I have to work on that.

Here’s another pic of the Tawny Hawk.

These pics were taken at a National Park in South Africa. It’s a Leopard. They’re very elusive and difficult to spot. I was in shock when I actually saw her. Breathtaking moment so my composition went to pieces. There’s a thread under holidays and travel ‘Kruger National Park’ if you’re interested to see all the pictures taken.

I will definitely enlist your help for an upgrade - thanks
They look great. When I first started out, I had the same problem, and not going to lie I still do to some extent. You get so excited at what you're about to capture, that you get in a hurry. Sometimes you have no choice, but to get in a hurry or miss the shot. Trust me the more you shoot the better you get. I still watch video's on YouTube about subjects I'm versed in just to get a different perspective. A Leopard wow I can't even imagine, what a moment.
Happy shooting!
Danny
Denver, CO

15-07-2021, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->

Great shots btw. Sometimes, especially when shooting close to home I limit myself to only 36 frames. It teaches me to be more selective in how I take the photo and what I take the photo of. I forget where I learned this I think on Digital Photography School website. A valuable website.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Oh my word realspeed!!!
That looks so much better !

Thank you for that and the tip!
Just a bit of saturation and probably contrast. Be careful though, you can over-do it.

If you don't fancy paying out for Photoshop, you can experiment using Gimp. Not as good as Photoshop but it is free.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Just a bit of saturation and probably contrast. Be careful though, you can over-do it.

If you don't fancy paying out for Photoshop, you can experiment using Gimp. Not as good as Photoshop but it is free.
I have GIMP. Its 'orrible to work out. Takes forever to learn and is very cluncky.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 05:03 PM

This is a foxglove I took with my phone camera. Sometimes you don't need a real camera

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	foxglove-macro.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	16294  

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top