Join for free
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 04:36 PM

Digitally remastered, sortof

What do you make of this…………

I woke up this morning with the middle finger of my left hand firmly wedged in & up my right nostril.
Yes I had a finger right up my nose. I didn’t panic, even when it stayed in situ after I rose from my bed.

Apart from that I have had an uneventful day
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 09:10 PM

Re: Digitally remastered, sortof

Here is the rest of my post, originally on GUMBUD LEISURELY SCRIBBLES.

Now I come to reflect upon it, there was a similar event 6 years ago when I visited my dear friend David E. He was in a McMillan hospice and close to being promoted to Glory. Bless him.
He was asleep.
After eating his untouched grapes, my nose began to bleed profusely. Karma?
So I shoved a nearby finger encased in a handkerchief up my left nostril.
Staggering up the corridor and heading for the foyer and exit I chanced upon a very grand lady, obviously a high class toff of some standing in the area.
I forgot I didn’t wear my panama hat that day and I doffed my “cap” to her, unfortunately releasing my finger from my nose allowing blood and snot ,free passage down my chin and neck.

The dear lady paused and showing great concern, genuine concern I thought asked me if I was alright.
I bravely tried to make out that I could often be seen in the vicinity with a handkerchief hanging from my nose.

Wearing a graceful Queen Mother smile her ladyship edged past me to a waiting Bentley motor car.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 09:49 PM

I love reading your stories Robert, they always make me smile

Welcome back!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2017, 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Jnr. ->
What do you make of this…………

I woke up this morning with the middle finger of my left hand firmly wedged in & up my right nostril.
Yes I had a finger right up my nose. I didn’t panic, even when it stayed in situ after I rose from my bed.

Apart from that I have had an uneventful day
Dreaming about "The Little Dutch Boy" perhaps?

The lady offering grace and graciousness in exchange for your having been a gentleman. The thoughts running through her mind on the way home...
Robert Jnr.
UK

13-10-2017, 10:56 AM

Accurately, acutely & astutely observed dear lady. I apologise for my amateurish attempt at alliteration
I hadn’t thought of linking my situation with that of Pieter the little Dutch Boy, who stuck his finger in a dyke.
Peters, great & small, litter history, literature & the Arts.
There is St Peter, patiently waiting for us at the Pearly Gates, Peter the Great, Pete Best, Peter O Toole, not to mention Messer’s Duncan, Purves, Davison, Fonda, Falk et al. Lesser mortals all.

Peter Tchaikovsky , tortured soul that he was.
I could go on (goon) Ah Peter Sellers, another tortured soul.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2017, 11:22 AM

Good to see you back Robert I hope you are keeping as well as you are able...
Robert Jnr.
UK

13-10-2017, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Good to see you back Robert I hope you are keeping as well as you are able...
Thanks Meg, I am soldiering on, as best I can.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top