Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 03:45 PM

Re: Not the 6 o clock news.

Yes Barry, a line each and they always look at each other. What happened to the days when Trevor MacDonald did the News, one man only said it all. Also the weather annoys me, you get stupid Carol on telling you about the Snowflakes and other weird names she comes out with, then 2 mins. later it will be Izzy telling you the weather, 2 mins. after that there will be a Man telling you the same thing, then you get Kate with the big b........ Why can't it just be one person telling you the weather every hour, not every 2 mins.

Ok rant over.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Jnr. ->
What has happened to the cool, calm & collected men & women of the BBC news programme 6-9 AM every morning.

I have long been irritated by the jokes, banter & general silliness. Today they went too far.
Dan & Louise were joined by Steph & and a new blonde sports reporter and were larking about a full 8 minutes before starting on the ACTUAL news. Maybe more, I can’t say because I switched off and came online.

I get the idea of having a male/female presenters theme, it mostly works but today was just silly
I want to hear the news, not their news
Robert, l sometimes think that the producers think that’s what we want!
I suppose we associate the BBC News with serious stuff, bringing us up to the minute news. Not flimsy, banal chatter from newsreaders about their private lives!

Or maybe, we are still living in the past, in the days of newsreaders such as Angela Rippon, Anna Ford, Reginald Bosanquet plus others from that era!

If l watch the news, l usually watch Sky News. The rest of the time, l have my head buried firmly in the sand as the news is so awful....or fake!
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 01:26 PM

The dreadful background music and drumbeats stop me from watching it.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 01:38 PM

Radio4 for me.
Every hour on the hour whenever it suits you.
Headlines... that's all you need really.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top