Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2018, 06:25 AM

Another No Confidence Vote

Ho

Corbyn has tabled a no confidence vote in Theresa May.

It is not a No Confidence vote i the Government, which could have led to a General Ejection, it is just about May.

Last week she survived a No Confidence Vote by her own Party, led by the ERG, the No Deal Brexiteers.

Immediately after that JRM called for her resignation as she had not won by a big enough majority.

He did not trust her to deliver Brexit and said her proposed deal with the EU was a sell out.

He insisted she must go.

Now, in the face of Corbyn's Motion she has his full confidence.

Hilarious.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2018, 06:33 AM

Re: Another No Confidence Vote

It's lost me now......Will there be a vote if so who is voting? The whole house or just the opposition? I've no idea what's going on.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2018, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
It's lost me now......Will there be a vote if so who is voting? The whole house or just the opposition? I've no idea what's going on.
Hi

The whole house.

Because it is not a vote of no confidence in the Government May can insist Corbyn must have it on an Opposition Day, she does not have to hold it straight away.

If she wins it, she is more or less invulnerable.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2018, 06:56 AM

He might have done her a favour then, she still has a majority with her MPs not wanting to vote like turkeys for Christmas and the DUP still on board, who I can't see risking a Labour government...
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2018, 07:00 AM

So if she loses the vote is there an election or is it just the conservatives have to pick a new leader ?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

18-12-2018, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
So if she loses the vote is there an election or is it just the conservatives have to pick a new leader ?
Hi

Neither Summer.

An Election is only if there is a vote if no confidence in the Government, not in the PM.

May won the Tory Party no confidence vote last week, so cannot be touched for the next year.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2018, 07:29 AM

It seem Corbyn has been denied parliamentary time for his vote so she is forcing his hand to call for the same vote in the government instead. Time to put up or shut up methinks Corbyn...
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire

18-12-2018, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Neither Summer.

An Election is only if there is a vote if no confidence in the Government, not in the PM.

May won the Tory Party no confidence vote last week, so cannot be touched for the next year.
Ok thankyou swims I understand now.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2018, 08:07 AM

I am sick to death of the lot of them - they are acting like brats in a nursery school playground - not lprofessional governmental representatives.

I have 'no confidence' in any of them!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2018, 08:09 AM

Nor have I .
I understand less and less of it everyday.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top