Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2021, 10:40 PM

Re: Cocktails

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Oh my word, I’m in heaven! I must try this before summer ends! Thanks Bakerman!
When making a Pina Colada, you may use Coco Lopez for the cream of coconut.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	51miru36cuL._SY300_QL70_.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	14879  
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2021, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
When making a Pina Colada, you may use Coco Lopez for the cream of coconut.

Click image for larger version

Name:	7EF5C558-6B09-4870-8E42-5B0C30F08F1B.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	14893
Thank Bakerman, I can only find this available locally! Will it work?
You’re the best

Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2021, 07:56 PM

Ooh sorry I'm late but I just found this thread.

I of course invented my own Pan-Galactic Gargleblaster cocktail which was described by The Hitchiker's Guide To The Galaxy as being the "best drink in existence" but which also carries the warning that its effects are similar to "having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick."

Here on Earth though and apart from a hot toddy I used to really enjoy a Cinammon Maple Whisky Sour, though sadly I now only very rarely even attempt to partake for medical reasons.

The original recipe uses bourbon whiskey but my own well-tried and tested version of the recipe is as follows:
3 parts (3 tablespoons) of a smokey island whisky; Laphraoig works well but so do others.*
2 parts (2 tablespoons) fresh lemon juice.
1 part (1 tablespoon) real maple syrup.
A pinch of ground cinammon - not too much, just a pinch.

Three-quarter fill your cocktail shaker with ice and pour in the ingredients together with the pinch of cinammon.
Shake well (making sure the lid is on first of course) and strain into a glass which has been one-third filled with crushed ice, a slice of lemon as garnish/decoration is optional.

IMHO the smokiness of the whisky combined with the sweetness of maple syrup and the tart lemon are a truly delightful combination, in much the same way that a hot toddy made with whisky, honey, lemon juice, a little cinammon and hot water is a really glorious thing.

* If you're not a fan of smokey things like I am in adoring smoked gammon and bacon, smoked cheese etc. then please try it with a standard whisky.

I used to love a good, fresh Pina Colada when on holidays too & Bakerman's recipe sounds superb.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2021, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Ooh sorry I'm late but I just found this thread.

I of course invented my own Pan-Galactic Gargleblaster cocktail which was described by The Hitchiker's Guide To The Galaxy as being the "best drink in existence" but which also carries the warning that its effects are similar to "having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick."

Here on Earth though and apart from a hot toddy I used to really enjoy a Cinammon Maple Whisky Sour, though sadly I now only very rarely even attempt to partake for medical reasons.

The original recipe uses bourbon whiskey but my own well-tried and tested version of the recipe is as follows:
3 parts (3 tablespoons) of a smokey island whisky; Laphraoig works well but so do others.*
2 parts (2 tablespoons) fresh lemon juice.
1 part (1 tablespoon) real maple syrup.
A pinch of ground cinammon - not too much, just a pinch.

Three-quarter fill your cocktail shaker with ice and pour in the ingredients together with the pinch of cinammon.
Shake well (making sure the lid is on first of course) and strain into a glass which has been one-third filled with crushed ice, a slice of lemon as garnish/decoration is optional.

IMHO the smokiness of the whisky combined with the sweetness of maple syrup and the tart lemon are a truly delightful combination, in much the same way that a hot toddy made with whisky, honey, lemon juice, a little cinammon and hot water is a really glorious thing.

* If you're not a fan of smokey things like I am in adoring smoked gammon and bacon, smoked cheese etc. then please try it with a standard whisky.

I used to love a good, fresh Pina Colada when on holidays too & Bakerman's recipe sounds superb.
Thank you Zaphod! This has been added to my list. I’ll try it on Saturday

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top