Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 03:58 PM

Re: self censorship

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
What really gets to me is those people who simply refuse to take offence, no matter how hard you try.
But Harbal you are a Yorkshireman!?...If you,re not causing offence well you,re just not trying hard enough. Now c,mon lud..lift ya game!...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
But Harbal you are a Yorkshireman!?...If you,re not causing offence well you,re just not trying hard enough. Now c,mon lud..lift ya game!....
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 04:10 PM

But Harbal you are a Yorkshireman!?...If you,re not causing offence well you,re just not trying hard enough. Now c,mon lud..lift ya game!...
Every now and then, one comes across someone without enough intelligence to get offended.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 04:19 PM

I think I once let my temper get the better of me on here and I lost it with someone. I felt very glad to get it.off my chest because the person had been making me feel pissed off for a while and I let them have . Normally that's not me, i like a quiet , easygoing life. Im not very opinionated and as some are in here I dont bother to disagree, each t otheir own. We all have our opinions, some stronger than others.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 04:21 PM

so what you really think and get banned
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
If "manners maketh man" as someone said
He's the hero of the day
It takes a man to suffer ignorance and smile
Be yourself no matter what they say
Beware the Big Apple.

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
Every now and then, one comes across someone without enough intelligence to get offended.
I don't understand.

Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->

I don't understand.

I think you do, Surfer.
Dachs
Germany
Dachs is male  Dachs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 06:26 PM

So I self censor at times.
So do I. It all depends. Is it worth it? What would be the consequences? Would I have to suffer from some? Is it a level playing field where my views would just be accepted as those of other people?
There are more places where no real free speech is possible and here I don't mean the big issues and politics. I admit that I kept my mouth shut at work and elsewhere including internet forums.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 06:31 PM

So is it better to hide in the corner and say nothing until the nasties go away?
Or stand up for what you believe is right?
Harbal
South Yorkshire

15-05-2021, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
So is it better to hide in the corner and say nothing until the nasties go away?
Or stand up for what you believe is right?
It depends on how nasty the nasties are. If the nasties are very nasty, and there's a comfy chair in the corner, it's probably better to stay in the corner.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top