Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2021, 06:48 AM

Re: If l Said, l Am Just Going To Make A Bacon Sandwich. Would It Make You Want One?

Arty, Sarnies are Ok but I've always preferred "Baps".
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2021, 11:01 AM

Re: If l Said, l Am Just Going To Make A Bacon Sandwich. Would It Make You Want One?

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
That's just how things are on the planet Vega
Fussy eating is what I call it Bruce, it can only happen while food is plentiful with plenty of choice....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2021, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
You just made me realize something. My daughter has no memory of eating meat, and she really dislikes all vegetarian foods that take on a resemblance to meat. I suppose that people who enjoy those products eat them were once omnivores.

You can teach a kitten not to chase mice Surfer, but that doesn't make it right....

And you can teach a person to think they are gay or gender neutral, but that's not right either....
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2021, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
If eating meat and dairy is bad for you, why do all the vegan and vegetarians try to copy the proper food? Yoghurts with no fat, burgers with no beef, milk made of soya and sausages with no pork.....
Because they want to replicate the taste of meat and dairy without killing or exploiting animals. Seems obvious to me, and I applaud them for their principles.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2021, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Don't you know it, and leave it to us Americans to invent the stuff :

It is prepared like any fruit jam but in addition to bacon, ingredients include bacon fat, onions, and maple syrup.

Maybe it's time for me to emigrate.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

31-03-2021, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
Because they want to replicate the taste of meat and dairy without killing or exploiting animals. Seems obvious to me, and I applaud them for their principles.
Isn't that what animals are for eccles?
You're too soft.....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2021, 08:56 PM

I have to say my vegan friends don't eat pretend-meat type meals. That's more a veggie thing. Perhaps some pull out the pretend-meat stuff for the non vegans? Like a bit of a joke at their expense.
Sage
U. S.
Sage is female  Sage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 03:29 AM

Bacon, lettuce, tomato and grated cheese for me please, on white bread, and an a little mayo
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 12:37 PM

I hear that the Bacon Sandwich van doesn't go down very well in Bingley!

Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
There are some things which I wouldn't eat on principle. Don't really see the need to want to know what they might taste like.

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top