Join for free
Page 363 of 370 « First < 263 313 353 361 362 363 364 365 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2021, 10:46 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Probably OGF, the iphone talks kilometres, about 31 of them, so yes 18-19 miles.
A very good distance in five and a half hours Spitty, you would have left me behind....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2021, 10:56 PM

I doubt that, but, I do this everyday, for money, and because things needed turning on their head.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 01:13 AM

Oh my stars, Spitfire! You earned your dessert with that outing. Superbly done! Have you thought about doing the entirety of the English Coast path? You could do it!

OGF, leave it to you to take the road longest traveled ! I am ever in awe that you can do this . With the weather here being gorgeous lately and some major responsibilities finally taking the back seat, I can now get back to my six day a week program. It feels great to be out there, but holy cow, I have some work to do to get back up to speed. Every time it starts to get hard, I remember how fortunate I am...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Oh my stars, Spitfire! You earned your dessert with that outing. Superbly done! Have you thought about doing the entirety of the English Coast path? You could do it!

OGF, leave it to you to take the road longest traveled ! I am ever in awe that you can do this . With the weather here being gorgeous lately and some major responsibilities finally taking the back seat, I can now get back to my six day a week program. It feels great to be out there, but holy cow, I have some work to do to get back up to speed. Every time it starts to get hard, I remember how fortunate I am...
Good to hear that you are getting back into the zone Surfer, but remember.....Rome wasn't built in a day.....

I settled for a five mile jog over the rough stuff today, and just couldn't get the muscles to wake up.... I enjoyed the run but the time was atrocious! I'll have to start using a calendar instead of a stopwatch if I get any slower...
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 01:08 PM

Just got back from first stint, 18000 paces so far.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

09-03-2021, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Good to hear that you are getting back into the zone Surfer, but remember.....Rome wasn't built in a day.....

I settled for a five mile jog over the rough stuff today, and just couldn't get the muscles to wake up.... I enjoyed the run but the time was atrocious! I'll have to start using a calendar instead of a stopwatch if I get any slower...
Moving at the same pace and energy Foxy, but, I had my thick socks on today and for some reason the soles of my feet were feeling it this morning, out again at 1.00pm so I will swop for lightweight sandals, then, for the evening shift switch back to the walking shoes but with light gauge socks.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

09-03-2021, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Moving at the same pace and energy Foxy, but, I had my thick socks on today and for some reason the soles of my feet were feeling it this morning, out again at 1.00pm so I will swop for lightweight sandals, then, for the evening shift switch back to the walking shoes but with light gauge socks.
Be careful that the uncomfortable feeling in the soles of your feet is not cumulative Spitty. I have had trouble with thick socks in the past though. Most of my running career is interspersed with a rest day every other day. I much prefer to walk in light shoes rather than sturdy ones. Do you remember 'Excused Boots Bisley'..? (The Army Game) That's me too!...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

11-03-2021, 12:23 PM

Rain lashing on the window, wind howling around the house, Mr Hudson on the BBC weather reckons that between six and nine this morning will be the worst of the storm with up to seventy mph winds gusting in the open spaces, and driving in some very heavy showers......

Ignoring Mrs Foxes protestations I zip up my waterproof top and depart on my Thursday six mile run....At first the rain is cold on my bare legs and face, but they soon get acclimatised, I'm buffeted around in the wind but manage to keep a relaxed and steady pace throughout.

I soon leave the shelter of the village behind and jog silently out into the country. Sometimes the wind is behind me, and sometimes it's a crosswind, either way, I've got to come back down this deserted windswept road, and that will be my greatest test, when the wind will be full in my face...

All goes well for the four mile circuit, the church clock reads 7:30 am and I turn into the wind...Unable to run in a straight line I listen out for approaching vehicles, and try to avoid the swollen puddles that sometimes straddle the road. Did I mention that the rain had stopped now, and the sky was clearing of it's soggy baggage, wispy white clouds scurried across the remains of an angry sky and I neared the end of this open flat bit and returned to the shelter of the village....

With legs still pounding out the miles I reached the end of my street and a smile replaced a grimace. This is the love of my life, and I can't see me giving it up any time soon.....Extra honey on my porridge this morning I think...Because I've earned it...
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2021, 04:03 PM

Aaah, a beautiful account of that great love. I suppose we all have one or two, and it's a fine thing to devote oneself to. It's a hard thing to describe, and you have done it well.

The bulbs, tulip trees, redbuds, and azaleas heralding that axial lean towards the sun - a most remarkable process - it's going to be a fine day to run. I just have to heave myself over that hill of responsibilities first. Thanks for the share, OGF, it makes me look forward to that sunshiny kiss...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

11-03-2021, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Aaah, a beautiful account of that great love. I suppose we all have one or two, and it's a fine thing to devote oneself to. It's a hard thing to describe, and you have done it well.

The bulbs, tulip trees, redbuds, and azaleas heralding that axial lean towards the sun - a most remarkable process - it's going to be a fine day to run. I just have to heave myself over that hill of responsibilities first. Thanks for the share, OGF, it makes me look forward to that sunshiny kiss...
Thanks Surfermom, I hope you enjoy your run, it sounds like nature is somewhat more advanced in your neck of the woods...
I used to receive a magazine from a walking club, and one of the letters explained that....."It's a sad reflection on society and the concrete jungles, that most people prefer to seek out the wild places at the end of the working week"...

Page 363 of 370 « First < 263 313 353 361 362 363 364 365 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top