Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2015, 01:05 PM

Re: New Immigration Rules

But, maybe, when this rule is enforced, there will not be as many people requiring the use of the NHS.
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2015, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Davenorave ->
Without these overseas nurses coming here and doing the job, the NHS is either going to collapse or, there will be a greater reliance upon expensive agency nurses, that will bankrupt the NHS eventually and lead to what the conservatives have been quietly striving for. Private Medical Insurance. Yeh asif.
I agree with what you are saying but I think there should be something set up where Nurses and Doctors coming in from abroad to work here, have to have there qualifications checked and doubled checked.

its frightening nowadays going into hospital worrying if all the staff are truly qualified after the last tragic case of the male nurse murdering patients by spiking drip infusions.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2015, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Marj ->
I agree with what you are saying but I think there should be something set up where Nurses and Doctors coming in from abroad to work here, have to have there qualifications checked and doubled checked.

its frightening nowadays going into hospital worrying if all the staff are truly qualified after the last tragic case of the male nurse murdering patients by spiking drip infusions.
I don't believe this Marj - was just gonna post the same
Bit spooky ...........
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2015, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I don't believe this Marj - was just gonna post the same
Bit spooky ...........
Spooky lol but happy you agree with what I was trying to put across.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2015, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
with ten times more immigrants coming here from EU countries.
But neither you nor DC can do anything about those 'ten times' people. In case you don't know, the United States of Europe has a freedom of movement clause which can only be overruled by the EU parliament. Not DC or Merkel or Hollande or ANY individual EU country leader can unilaterally change that. If you were Prime Minister of UK you couldn't change it either.

Also, in case you've not noticed there are NO border controls whatsoever between countries in mainland Europe, although Italy and Austria and France are hastily trying to impose them. Thankfully UK still has border controls albeit not all that effective but at least they are there.

At the end of WWII everyone thought that closer co-operation between countries in Europe would make war a thing of the past, their 'role model' was the USA but instead of imposing a single language across the continent (As the Americans have) they began by imposing things like freedom of movement.

People in England would be flocking to work in places like Germany, Holland, even Hungary and Czechland if they spoke the lingo. As English is taught in most schools in mainland Europe the 'flow' of people is towards us. Crazy.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2015, 06:08 PM

That Old Chestnut is being played again, the local News reporting the six year rule will mean there will be a shortage of Curry Chefs, what a load of twaddle.
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2015, 06:16 PM

Pigs might fly , we can't even deport rapist, and murderers let alone immigrants earning £36000 a year and less
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

22-06-2015, 06:20 PM

I don't think we should be encurryidge them.
Anzac
South West UK
Anzac is female  Anzac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2015, 08:23 PM

[QUOTE=susiejaeger;668267]£36,000 pa, we have never earned that in our lives.
I agree with you, immigrants who come over here and claim benefits and have no intentions of working, they should be the one's to be deported back to their own Country.

The thing is, even the immigrants that are working here in England, they send their money back home, so its not being put back into England.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if the government is aware of how very little our essential care workers and nurses earn wherever they come from!!

Even if they send some money home suzie, they still pay their taxes and buy their living essentials here. That's about the same as most people on low wages spend whether they are immigrants or not!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top