Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2015, 08:45 AM

Re: death and Immortality

Deborah - my thoughts of good wishes are with you - hope we can lighten your spirit for a while xx
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2015, 09:12 AM

My grandad died in bed at 96, which came as a complete surprise to my grandma as they lived at 82
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2015, 09:46 AM

That's funny
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2015, 11:06 AM

That's funny. My Granddad died in bed at 98 but lived at 96.
Cat woman
Romsey
Cat woman is female 

11-10-2015, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Speaking for meself I find that as you get older you become well aware that time is running out and soon you will be no more, you realise there is nothing you can do about it so you accept it with dignity. I have long accepted that fact and now the only thing that bothers me is having my loved ones upset at my passing, if there was some way of telling them that I don’t mind in the least bit passing on to wherever one passes on It would set my mind more at ease, but you dare not mention that or you’ll be accused of being morbid and depressed, actually I’m looking forward to the mother of all sleeps, no aches or pains, no worries, no one to annoy you, perfect peace for all time, I don’t find anything wrong with that after a long life, do you?
Imagine if you could never die and had to live on forever, bits falling off you, struggling to move and getting uglier by the day, Christ you’d go insane with the same thing over and over again, no thanks, things as they are are good enough for me, I had a good time here on earth but all good things come to an end, that's the way it is like it or lump it.
Yes totally agree with you but what about the youngsters , young people , babies they are not ready for dying . I certainly are not I haven't lived my life yet, and hope so for a few more years nobody knows what's around the corner do they? I envy the older generation and love them for who they are, I miss my Mum and Dad and Nans , but they did live to good old age. I was never ready expecting my Mum to die she died at 88. I regret I wasn't with her when she took the last breath, I know she wouldn't want me there, I was with her few hours before and kissed her sweet head. Tears are in my eyes I always have this when I talk about her !
I personally hope to be with my family a bit longer we never know.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2015, 01:14 PM

I think we should all talk about our deaths and what we would like to happen, because I think it would be good, for those who are left behind, to know our wishes.
When I was 26 my dad, aged 56, died from a heart attack and I refused a post mortem because i didn't want them to cut him up. It was an emotional time but, on reflection, I often wonder if he would have liked to donate any organs, because he gave blood for most of his life. If we had talked more about what he wanted, after death, I would have known I had done what he wanted rather than what I wanted.
Cat woman
Romsey
Cat woman is female 

11-10-2015, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Deborah2307 ->
My husband died at 55 earlier this year and my brother died 6 weeks ago aged 55 immortality does not exist. Neither were afraid to die for different reasons but what I would say it is so hard for those left behind. I want to be happy and I try hard for my children and grandchildren but it is still very hard
iM so sorry Deborah it must be very hard if you see on my post I have just mentioned similar sayings as you mentioned in your post.
I hope,you get all the support you need it must be very difficult.
Eventually you will find things easier. bLess you !!! X
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2015, 02:06 PM

We all think or hope death is a few years away but as said, you never know what's around the corner. Probably the number 3 bus or a lorry while I'm out on the bike in my case.

I think lots of us strive for immortality by looking after ourselves. The sad fact is though, no matter how well we look after our bodies, we will still die. We might ask ourselves "Why me!?" when the time comes. After all, we never did anything we considered was bad for us and indeed, did lots that is supposed to be good. It must come as an unjust surprise when the time comes for checking out.

It maybe doesn't matter what we do or don't do. We're all on life's conveyor belt and we will all drop off the end eventually. Not sure it matters when because mostly, we won't wan't to go at any age and might always feel that we should have had just another hour, day, week or few years.

Anyway, this is all a bit deep for me. It seems a bit like one of those subjects Victor Meldrew might mull over. I think I'll go and make a cup of coffee, then sit out in the garden for a while and contemplate my navel.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

11-10-2015, 02:13 PM

Mart = I think I'll go and make a cup of coffee, then sit out in the garden for a while and contemplate my navel.

Good idea
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2015, 02:20 PM

Might be quite an experience finding out what's on the other side. I can't wait.

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top