Join for free
View Poll Results: Would you vote to stay or go?
STAY IN THE EU 34 27.87%
LEAVE THE EU 88 72.13%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Page 53 of 131 « First < 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 > Last »
moreover
North Wales, UK
moreover is female  moreover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2016, 10:49 AM

Re: EU...IN or OUT?

The main reason to remain is membership of the group is the only way we can retain some autonomy and self-determination. If we come out of the EU we will be taken under the jackboot of TTIT with no choice or say in how we are governed. In the EU we have a vote. With TTIT we won't.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2016, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Why should we have to negotiate deals with other countries in order to sell and buy goods from them? Either they want to sell us their products and buy ours, or they don't.
Hi

There is a simple answer to that.

That is the way the world is organised, International trade Agreements.

The world is not going to change simply because we want it to, even the most radical Pro Brexit Campaigners accept that we will have to negotiate new trade agreements.

Their arguments are that they can negotiate better ones than we have now.

I will repeat what I have said earlier.

We owe so much money and need to continue to borrow vast amounts every year that what happens to us is in the hands of the International Money Markets, unelected bean counters who will make a decision purely in their own interests not ours.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2016, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by moreover ->
The main reason to remain is membership of the group is the only way we can retain some autonomy and self-determination. If we come out of the EU we will be taken under the jackboot of TTIT with no choice or say in how we are governed. In the EU we have a vote. With TTIT we won't.
If you are referring to TTIP, I don't understand your premise.

You are stating that if we leave the EU we will be subject to TTIP and if we remain in we won't. Why?
If we leave the EU, who is going to force us to comply with TTIP?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2016, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
If you are referring to TTIP, I don't understand your premise.

You are stating that if we leave the EU we will be subject to TTIP and if we remain in we won't. Why?
If we leave the EU, who is going to force us to comply with TTIP?
I was wondering that too as being in the Eu we have no choice out of it we can decide for our selves.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2016, 11:12 AM

Hi

TTIP is fully supported by both the present Government and the Out Campaign, it is, unfortunately, going to happen whether we are in or out of the EU.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2016, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

TTIP is fully supported by both the present Government and the Out Campaign, it is, unfortunately, going to happen whether we are in or out of the EU.
Don't think for one minute that I agree with our 'present government'. Their leader has already demonstrated that he cannot be trusted for many reasons.

Communist Corbyn is also not to be trusted and, consequently, his party is unlikely to form the next government.

The Limp Dems? Who are they?

UKIP? Most people aren't brave enough to give them the opportunity, either because they are untried or because of numerous unfounded accusations that they are racist Nazis.

I'm afraid that the consequence is that we don't have a foreseeable government that can be relied upon to run our country for our own benefit, so I suppose the eventual outcome will be that we are either taken over by Brussels or the Yanks.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2016, 11:55 AM

There are some in the Labour Party who see the dangers Diane Abbott for one has been quite outspoken about it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

15-04-2016, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
There are some in the Labour Party who see the dangers Diane Abbott for one has been quite outspoken about it.
I'm afraid I am not a Diane Abbott fan! She has a very obvious chip on her shoulder that effectively prevents her discussing anything in an unbiased fashion.

The fact that she, and others within her party, disagree with Corbyn demonstrates how the party is split which, as far as I'm concerned, is a very good thing.

I'm surprised that Abbott is a critic of Corbyn, though. Wasn't Corbyn knocking her off some years ago?

(Oops, better watch what I say on here just now. You never know who might be watching!)
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

15-04-2016, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'm afraid I am not a Diane Abbott fan! She has a very obvious chip on her shoulder that effectively prevents her discussing anything in an unbiased fashion.

The fact that she, and others within her party, disagree with Corbyn demonstrates how the party is split which, as far as I'm concerned, is a very good thing.

I'm surprised that Abbott is a critic of Corbyn, though. Wasn't Corbyn knocking her off some years ago?

(Oops, better watch what I say on here just now. You never know who might be watching!)
I agree it's the first thing I have ever agreed with her over.
moreover
North Wales, UK
moreover is female  moreover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2016, 04:35 PM

Someone 'knocking you off' does not neccessarily make you a life long devoted fan. Many women actually have minds of their own and their opinions on subjects. Abbott is one of them.

Page 53 of 131 « First < 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top