Join for free
Cat woman
Romsey
Cat woman is female 

18-10-2015, 08:46 PM

I'm worried

My eldest daughter has been having trouble with nurses not able to get smear test it was five times they couldn't read it as not enough cells. Now she has letter from hospital for colospothy I'm really worried about this and hope nothing serious like the big C. She isn't feeling well has pain in her side of stomach I hope and pray she will be okay, I can't stop thinking about this. She is only 40years old. Her appt is 29 th October , I want to go with her .but it's my 1st day in new job.i without hesitation will ask boss if I can go.im sure she won't mind. I'm not worried about job, but about my daughter have you heard of this procedure ?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2015, 09:00 PM

Re: I'm worried

Hi Cat, my daughter had to have one of these tests, I think you mean a Colposcopy?
Here's a link that explains it all...

https://www.healthed.govt.nz/resourc...r-test-results

Now stop worrying! It's a drag, but not much worse than a smear test, just takes longer.
The good news is that if they do find anything untoward then early detection means a very high success rate of cure.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2015, 09:04 PM

Try not to fear the worst at this stage, Cat, though I know that is easier said than done. Hopefully they will get the results back soon and everything will be fine.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2015, 09:18 PM

Try not to worry Cat ...
In my late 30s (in the last millennium) my results came back with abnormal cells. I was knocked for six at the time and very worried. It is frightening and quite understandably your imagination goes into overdrive.
Just like your daughter, I was sent up the local hospital for the colposcopy. It didn't hurt. In fact it was less uncomfortable than a regular smear.
After that, she might expect 6 monthly hospital checks rather than every few years at her local surgery, as a safeguard. Early detection is the key ... if there is anything to detect at all.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2015, 09:21 PM

One thing at a time Cat ,I hope everything goes well and your daughter gets her results fast..take things as they happen and try your best not to worry but I know its easier said than done
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2015, 10:03 PM

Don't worry Cat. Its best they are rechecking the cells than
leaving them. Many reason why they are taking her to
the procedure of a colposcopy not all bad. Good luck to her
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2015, 06:45 AM

Wish you both 'very well' x
countrygirl
West Midlands
countrygirl is female  countrygirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2015, 11:18 AM

Yes. It's quite common. My youngest just had a procedure at the colposcopy clinic. Both myself and my mother had the same procedure at similar ages. I was told on one or two occasions that they couldn't read the smear. My GP at the time explained it was because they couldn't get enough cells. Colposcopy wasn't mentioned in those days - it was done under gynaecology. When my daughter mentioned colposcopy clinic I panicked. She ended up having diathermy (cautery) as did me and mum. Don't panic! Take care.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top