Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2012, 04:57 PM

Re: Leuistic Blackbird

Lovely photographs Arthur I too have see a very pale blackbird some years ago and couldn't work out what it was for sure until my neighbour confirmed it.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2012, 05:17 PM

Here is a bit of a laugh for you, I dress up in nothing but camouflage clothing, and one day a park ranger told me a woman has complained that I was stalking her. I howled with laughing, I am in my seventies and someone thinks I fancy them.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2012, 06:45 PM

Careful which birds you watch Wrinkly. I was going to say something rude about mealworms, but I'll resist.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2012, 07:10 PM

Lovely photos, have never heard of a leuistic blackbird!! Had a look at your other bird photos, there's some good ones there. As for a lady thinking you were stalking her, hilarious especially as you were in camouflage
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2012, 10:15 PM

Just thought you might be interested in this that was brought in to me one stormy wet night anyone know what he is?? I knew immediately & was delighted to be privilaged to handle him By the way thats my friend holding him, im not a russian weight lifter lol
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2012, 11:02 PM

Lovely photos Wrinkly and Cassie-not well up on birds, but do enjoy looking at pics of them....
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2012, 11:15 PM

Hi Cassie, looks like a hen harrier, but I am not sure.
Have you still got it now?
In fact how many birds have you?
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2012, 07:18 PM

I got a phone call from a friend that a white bird of prey was with him and he didnt know what it was so he was going to bring it down to me. I was thinking maybe a gos or perhaps a gyr hybrid of some sort or perhaps it wasnt even white and it was a stray harris hawk!!
Within the hour a large cardboard box arrives and on opening it there sat the most bedraggled Leucistic red kite with wing tags Eyes like Satan and stinking of beef fat. He was found grounded at our local abbatoir in west Wales (I was living there before last June).. He had eaten lots of meat and in the storm got saturated and too heavy to fly so he remained grounded till he was found. I took him out and had a quick look over him and cleaned him up and boxed him overnight. The following day he looked somewhat happier and I arranged to drive him up to the kite centre in mid Wales. Apparently white 51 was 3yrs old and had been up there with them since he was a youngster. He was put into an observation pen and stayed there till he was ok for release again. It was absolutely fantastic to get so close to a kite like him and feel I did something towards his return to the beautiful countryside around there..

I have 4 birds of prey. Archie is a tiercel Peregrine, Omelette & Gem are female harris hawks & Reg is a male redtailed buzzard. Theres photos of them on a couple of threads ive done if you look in the pets section under my name
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2012, 11:31 PM

What a lovely story Cassie and its great that you helped in getting him returned to the countryside Btw I had no idea from the photo what type of bird he was!
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2012, 12:57 AM

Great photos Wrinkly - not seen a bird like that before. I do love the birds

Cassie, great photo also and would never have guessed at what type of bird that is. Well done you for returning him to his natural surroundings.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top