Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2010, 09:37 PM

Re: This might provide some insight.

I also think that Obama is a vast improvement to Bush (who was not much short of a cretin). I also think that the USA should aspire to have a health system like Britain or Canada - the British health system is the envy of the World and I for one am proud of it. I have also lived in Canada (emigrated years ago and my Grandfather was a Canadian citizen who was in the Canadian army). Although not quite the same as GB I found that their health system was also excellent and to be admired.
L1N1)4
New Member!
Notts
L1N1)4 is female 

13-08-2010, 07:20 AM

But I grow increasingly tired of people who come here to take advantage of all America has to offer--but then try to change my country into their country.
I feel we have a very similar situation over here in the UK!
The Tourist
Madison, Wisconsin
The Tourist is male  The Tourist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2010, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Have you ever traced your origins?
My brother did. And I can assure you they entered the country legally, worked hard, paid their taxes and were (mostly) law abiding.

I do the same.

I didn't sneak in, rationalize that my home country was at fault, suck up entitlement benefits and then try to change America.

I see nothing wrong with 'profiling' to find the users and abusers and then sending them home.

Last night my local police rounded up a dozen bangers from a Mexican drug cartel right before they went on a rampaige to kill off the competition. I would have waited until after.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCMM0...layer_embedded
The Tourist
Madison, Wisconsin
The Tourist is male  The Tourist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2010, 05:07 PM

I also enjoy Klavan talk about my country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR37ZQwmRZU
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2010, 07:04 PM

I hope you don't think I inferred that you entered the country through the back door. I was just thinking that you may well have had European immigants as ancestors If people can trace back their history far enough it is surprising what they discover about themselves and it seems to put (legal) immigration into perspective, I think. We have many similar problems as the USA regarding immigrants (legal and illegal) and I am firmly with you in believing that when you are accepted into another country folk should give their allegiance to that country and endeavour to conribute something positive to it. There are scroungers and cheats everywhere in the World. I watched the bit of Klavan you put up - its good to have the comedians examine and challenge authority - it keeps us on our toes and make us keep thinking. Was he saying that you would be better off with British rule again (tongue firmly in cheek).
The Tourist
Madison, Wisconsin

14-08-2010, 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Was he saying that you would be better off with British rule again (tongue firmly in cheek).
Heck, I'm not even sure the British are better off with British rule (tongue firmly in reality).
Frothy
Birmingham England
Frothy is male  Frothy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2010, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by The Tourist ->
Heck, I'm not even sure the British are better off with British rule (tongue firmly in reality).
I think britain should become USA's 51st state, it owns most of the companies here
The Tourist
Madison, Wisconsin

14-08-2010, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by Frothy ->
I think britain should become USA's 51st state, it owns most of the companies here
Technically you would more correctly be a province of China. We might own your companies, but the Chinese own all of our leveraged paper.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK

14-08-2010, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by The Tourist ->
Technically you would more correctly be a province of China. We might own your companies, but the Chinese own all of our leveraged paper.
Tell your Government to pay the bills off quick Tourist.
The Tourist
Madison, Wisconsin

14-08-2010, 01:36 PM

Being a former credit manager, and a severe critic of China'a policies and treatment of their own people, I think there is only a singular course of action here.

I have a solid pecuniary reason for such action on remuneration. That opinion is based on my rock solid examination of markets and an anecdotal interest in the short-term needs of the baby boomer exit affecting one-third of our country's wealth production, taxation and needs for our people.

It is the only fiscal action which positively defines the equation on our country's stability and bedrock need to produce anything, no matter what your philosophy on guns vs. butter.

And that learned opinion is this: Who gives a flying rip? Screw 'em.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top