Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 11:25 PM

Re: Moving house

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Welcome back Ania.
I'm so glad things went well for you, the transactions I mean, and you have the right idea of doing the move at your leisure, but then you are always cool calm and collected, no messin about.
Wherever did you get that idea, Jem? I'll have to work on my new persona...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Thanks myrtle.
Not a good day today. I had planned to tackle the garage, but my energy is zapped by a lingering nasty virus and I just couldn't face it. Oh well, tomorrow's another day.

You'll get there Ania, just have a rest when you feel you need it, no point burning yourself out.
Was it shingles in the end do you think?
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
You'll get there Ania, just have a rest when you feel you need it, no point burning yourself out.
Was it shingles in the end do you think?
Yes, Mups, I definitely had shingles but thankfully that was pretty mild and gone in two weeks. It's the subsequent virus that has knocked me for six
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 11:33 PM

Oh dear, that's just what you could do without at the mo, isn't it.
Have you got your moving date settled?
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world

05-10-2015, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Oh dear, that's just what you could do without at the mo, isn't it.
Have you got your moving date settled?
Completing on 30 October and moving in over the subsequent three weeks as my sale not completing til late Novemberish.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

05-10-2015, 11:45 PM

That's not long now is it, that will fly by. It'll be nice to be all settled in for christmas.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world

12-10-2015, 02:17 PM

I don't think I like doing grown-up things…Tired of solicitor's meetings, having to produce documents, and having a huge battle with the place that holds my ISAs since they messed me about when I asked them to cash some in and give me the money. But the nasty virus is getting better at last, I've ordered a nice big garden shed for my new garden, and I'm still slowly packing boxes…In two and a half weeks' time I'll actually be starting to empty some boxes in my new abode. And then bringing them back here to fill up again. And the cycle will be repeated until I'm all moved.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2015, 03:58 PM

I don't think I like doing grown-up things…Tired of solicitor's meetings, having to produce documents, and having a huge battle with the place that holds my ISAs since they messed me about when I asked them to cash some in and give me the money. But the nasty virus is getting better at last, I've ordered a nice big garden shed for my new garden, and I'm still slowly packing boxes…In two and a half weeks' time I'll actually be starting to empty some boxes in my new abode. And then bringing them back here to fill up again. And the cycle will be repeated until I'm all moved.
Look at the positive things Ania you are feeling better and will soon be in your new home .

I enjoy packing and moving house and have done it many times.
I have it down to a fine art now with colour coded stickers on boxes to denote to which room they belong and they are also numbered for priority of opening.

I once helped to move not only a household but an entire kennel of dogs, two cats and a donkey from Lancashire to Gloucestershire quite an undertaking .
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world

12-10-2015, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Look at the positive things Ania you are feeling better and will soon be in your new home .

I enjoy packing and moving house and have done it many times.
I have it down to a fine art now with colour coded stickers on boxes to denote to which room they belong and they are also numbered for priority of opening.

I once helped to move not only a household but an entire kennel of dogs, two cats and a donkey from Lancashire to Gloucestershire quite an undertaking .
Like you, I have moved enough times to have it reasonably perfected. Although this time it will be a more gradual process than previously.

It's all the other stuff - solicitors etc that I find a real pain. And here in Ireland the process is quite different to that in the UK, requiring the production of endless certificates/documents for scrutiny.

But you are right, Meg, that I should be positive. I know, once moved, I will get a lot of pleasure out of making my new place into home.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 12:20 AM

It's all the other stuff - solicitors etc that I find a real pain. And here in Ireland the process is quite different to that in the UK, requiring the production of endless certificates/documents for scrutiny.

I thought it was bad enough here Ania I am sure there must be an easier way ....

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top