Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 11:42 PM

Stolen fireworks.

Just heard on the late news, that thieves have broken into a warehouse not far from me, and stolen £100,000 worth of fireworks.

There is always a huge public display organised near me, and I have a feeling they buy the fireworks from this place,so I wonder what will happen to that this year if they've all been nicked now?

Personally, I don't mind a few pretty ones, but the bangs in this local display are ear-splitting, they are like real explosions and quite frightening.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 11:51 PM

Re: Stolen fireworks.

There are far too many idiots and morons who like to use fireworks as weapons these days and I always feel they should be banned from public sale. I'd rather go to a proper display and watch other people's money go up in smoke, rather than mine.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 12:00 AM

Mups I hope they don't get sold cheaply to children .

Some of the fireworks these days are so powerful they sound like bombs going off.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 12:59 AM

Wonder if fireworks are getting too expensive? Usually weeks before 5/11 they can be heard going off all nights and times. Or have we that pleasure to come?! And why a blind ear is turned to those going off midnight or so...

Yes, ban all private sales and just have the council run displays. Then you can at least look forward to quiet nights, knowing idiots won't be letting them off till all hours. And for that I dread NYE too.

Not a killjoy. I hate the noise and disturbance.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 06:58 AM

I with others on this fireworks really need to be restricted to public professionally organised displys.
My little dog was so terrified. Last year I wrote this in an attempt to illustrate what it was like for him...He passed away in August and the only thing Im glad of is that he wont have to suffer this terror any more.
------------------------------------
Shell shock.
As another explosion rang out overhead he pressed his body to the floor shaking in fear, his hidey hole was warm and snug but that didn’t keep out the noise of the explosions or the vibrations that quivered through the building.
He knew he couldn’t stay here forever but were else was there? Outside it was worse, out there it wasn’t just the noise. Out there were the smells of the gunpowder that stung his nostrils and made his eyes water.

The flashes of light went off all around and preceded each new barrage of explosions by just a millisecond, not enough to take cover but just enough to make him tense every muscle in fear as he stood paralysed expecting every explosion to be the one that hit him..

His heart pounded so hard he could hear it beat and it felt as if it was going to burst out through his ribs at any moment. He tried to breathe normally but as his body filled with terror that became impossible.
The combination of shallow panic stricken breaths and his wild heart beat made him feel sick and dizzy but he knew he had to keep going and find a safe place, a nice dark place away from the noise and flashes that the explosions bought.
He pressed himself against walls and hedgerows hoping to find some shelter or a place to hide but it was impossible.
After he had survived the first year he thought he would be ok and that it was all behind him but he was wrong. Year after year the explosions came and each time his fear was compounded getting just a little worse each time.
He really had no idea how much more of this he could take. Then as yet another explosion filled the air above his head he felt the warm wet pool of urine form around his feet... He looked up.. I’m so sorry I just couldn’t help it.. his eyes said.
Remy aged 9 ...shell shocked by fireworks
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 08:40 AM

I'm not a killjoy and I say "live and let live", but I would ban the following things .............................
Because I disagree with them..
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 09:21 AM

I really think that fireworks shouldnt be on sale to the public let alone children,theres no need to ,as there are plenty of displays that are organised .
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 09:40 AM

Well as a kid i enjoyed buying and setting off my own fireworks, as did all my friends. We built our own bonfires and never had any problems. So im not in the ban them or just organised display camp.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 10:04 AM

Yes I would hate it Nom too if there was a ban to the public too as we used to love buying sparklers and other fireworks to have in the garden on Bonfire night...we never had any problems with them either,sadly those days are fast going
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 10:10 AM

Our kennels and cattery we sold recently was well away from houses right out in the country, so fireworks wern't too much of a problem. Those kennels and catteries in built up areas it must be a nightmare for the boarders staying there

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top