Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 05:55 AM

Happy Wednesday Folk.

Taken yesterday at Wicksteed park in Kettering.
Yesterday evening we watched a program on 'catchup' called Canal Journeys. It stars Timothy West and his wife Prunella Scales and shows them travelling on some of our rivers and canals by boat. They are a charming couple and it's a delight to watch them on their journey. It's on channel 4 on Sunday evening but we missed it at that time.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 07:00 AM

Re: Happy Wednesday Folk.

Good morning everyone, very heavy rain here overnight and forecast to continue until around lunchtime,

We are visiting my mum later to help with some housework, which she is finding increasingly hard to manage, although she still copes very well with most things and still cooks herself a proper hot meal every lunchtime so we don't worry about her too much yet.

That canal journey program has been running for a while Alan, this is probably the third series but yes, it is quite a delight.

Enjoy you day folks
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 07:12 AM

I watched the two previous series Barry but I didn't realise the third one had started. They are in their mid-eighties but still get stuck into life ( With a little help from the TV people !)
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 07:33 AM

Nice picture Alan and good morning all
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 07:36 AM

Hope your well Patsy

Good morning everyone
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 08:25 AM

Good morning all.

It's pouring of rain here in Essex. Got to go out in it this morning.

Get well soon Patsy.

Have a nice day all.
BDR44
Gwynedd North Wales
BDR44 is male  BDR44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 08:42 AM

Good morning. Grey looking sky outside. One of the "joys" of old age is waking at around 7am each morning and feeling tired by 8am. At least I no longer have to go to work. Night all.
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 08:50 AM

Good morning all,

That is a lovely programme to watch, I too enjoyed it. I love the way the couple interact and accept her frailties.

Oh well suppose I better go and face the rotten weather out there as the dog needs to walk. I'll check first see if it is still raining.

Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
ShirleyMarie
Michigan, USA
ShirleyMarie is female  ShirleyMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 09:30 AM

A long rainy day for us, weather map is state wide with rain. I had a Dr appointment yesterday and was scarred silly. I continue togain weight, like 1 or even 2 ls a day..31 lbs in past month. It is retained fluids. It has to go or I will not be able to carry it. So I start a new water pill today that Dr says will leave me camped in the bathroom. But my kidneys are not very good so how this affects them is the big question. I eat salt free also. Feeling very down. Hope all of you are doing much better then me.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by ShirleyMarie ->
A long rainy day for us, weather map is state wide with rain. I had a Dr appointment yesterday and was scarred silly. I continue togain weight, like 1 or even 2 ls a day..31 lbs in past month. It is retained fluids. It has to go or I will not be able to carry it. So I start a new water pill today that Dr says will leave me camped in the bathroom. But my kidneys are not very good so how this affects them is the big question. I eat salt free also. Feeling very down. Hope all of you are doing much better then me.
Hello Shirley - so upset to hear this, hope you can get the help you need. So many good wishes to you x

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top