Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 09:39 PM

Is there anything you miss from when you were younger?

I know I miss the old pounds and ounces for sure. Try as I may, I cannot seem to ever get my head around Kilograms and Milligrams, especially when shopping. I know there are conversion tables online that will tell me what's what but I really miss being able to ask for 4oz, 1/2lb, 3/4lb or 1lb of things.
And please don't get me started on measurements such as ML, CM etc. Absolutely lost on that lot. If I buy anything I have to let the shop assistant convert my feet and inches to the measurements I require. Talk about showing my age !!

Is there anything that has changed over the years that you wish hadn't? (excluding your age! )
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 10:20 PM

Re: Is there anything you miss from when you were younger?

Litres of car fuel from pumps, when some brains think in gallons (mpg)
BDR44
Gwynedd North Wales
BDR44 is male  BDR44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 10:29 PM

Fitness and innocence
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 10:32 PM

It was bad enough when the money started to change, I went through three types of currency in my lifetime, the old LSD system, then decimalisation, and now the Euro, enough to do your head in. Then came the kilo’s and the litres followed by the millimetres and the kilometers, wouldn’t you think they’d give you a long rest to digest all that stuff, not a bit of it, they take all the knobs off the TV’s so you can’t switch them on or off anymore, you have to use a remote control, and just when you’ve mastered the art of taping shows on the VCR they switch over to discs and the tapes are useless, so is the bloody VCR, I won’t begin to talk about the whole new language you have to learn just to use a computer.
Then they tell you you can’t have a smoke with your pint anymore, the only comfort that’s keeping you sane through all this bewilderment they call progress, you have to move outside and catch pneumonia. The daughter calls to take you out for a spin in the car on a nice day and you have to strap yourself into the car seat like a wild animal being delivered to the zoo, you sit there as stiff as a plank and hardly able to breathe, when you get home she asks you “”Did you enjoy the drive Dad?” and green in the face I answer “Oh course I did Love”
They tell you to cut out this and that and you'll live longer, then when you live longer they tell you you are a burden on the state, talk about hypocrites!
The fact is Mary I miss everything being the way it was, I don't mind the age bit in the least, I could be here all night telling you about all the wonderful changes I didn’t want or need but got them anyway.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 11:11 PM

Eh??..Yes...My waistline..hellooo...where's it gone?... Disappeared along with My lovely pert derriere...Life's so disappointing aint it? ;~( ;~)
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 11:12 PM

Yes having my lovely mum around.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 11:12 PM

I miss worrying about the future.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I miss worrying about the future.
Do you worry about the past then Paul
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 11:47 PM

I have never got to grips with the metric system either I can gauge so many things in lb oz and pints without weighing/measuring them, I just can't visualise things in grams or litres .

Everything is so complicated these days too,if I press a wrong button on the TV remote control it takes ages to work out what is wrong. I liked having one button, on or off.

It takes ten minuets to set the washing, there are about a 100
different combinations of programs, I don't know why most women use two or three at the most.
The more complicated a thing is he more there is to go wrong
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Do you worry about the past then Paul
No, it has no impact on the future, done my worrying.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top