Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 11:41 PM

Re: Weird

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Since you’re asking no I don’t Carol .
You’re one putting yourseves at risk imo and of course your family were ignoring the advice given by the Prime Minister which was “ the best present you can give your mother is to stay away”
Incidentally are you going to be busy wiping everything down your family have touched ?
If you look at my post again Zuleika - I did say that they washed their hands thoroughly as soon as they entered my house...
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 11:57 PM

Oh dear Carol are you still trying to justify your family not heeding BJ’s advice on children not visiting their mother today ?
You seem to think washing hands covers it all but did you ever consider for a second that someone in your group could be harbouring the infection and that a droplet can travel many feet if they sneeze or cough ? Could you have guaranteed that hypothetical person wouldn’t sneeze or cough onto you or others presentin your home or onto a surface?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2020, 12:08 AM

I trusted they wouldn't come if they were sneezing or coughing.

I consider the precautions we took to be enough.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2020, 12:15 AM

You trusted ?Wonder what Boris would think of that excuse ?
You allowed it to happen ? I consider it irresponsible of you at your ages but hey it’s your life .
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

23-03-2020, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
You trusted ?Wonder what Boris would think of that excuse ?
You allowed it to happen ? I consider it irresponsible of you at your ages but hey it’s your life .

OK -I KNEW they wouldn't come if they were sneezing or coughing.
Zuleika
North West UK

23-03-2020, 12:29 AM

No Carol you can offer me as many excuses as you like but you allowed something BJ advised against . Like I said it’s your life and actually you chose to post about it otherwise I wouldn’t be speaking to you ,you could have kept it all a secret without criticsm .
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

23-03-2020, 12:39 AM

It's ok - I'm not objecting to criticism.

Anyway - Mothers day over now. No more indoor social gatherings planned. Just walking outdoors with family members & friends at a safe distance. Not all together but one at a time.

I should get fit with all the walking.
Zuleika
North West UK

23-03-2020, 12:47 AM

They’re just discussing your last point on SkyNews . It remains to be seen whether that will be advised against in days to come . Things are changing by the day and BJ is having to get more than a little tired of advice being ignored I fear .
Goodnight Carol .
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

23-03-2020, 12:55 AM

Goodnight Zuleika.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2020, 07:31 AM

I told mine to stay away....they face timed me and kept sending messages all day especially the grandkids wearing silly hats and making daft faces.

It's weird though I didn't think it would bother me not seeing them but I surprised myself by feeling really down last night....

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top