Join for free
Page 113 of 190 « First < 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 163 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2017, 08:54 AM

Re: Bob's Bits.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

That is so funny and so true Surfermom.

We have a burnt out wreck of a Stately Home near here.

The Lady of the House, after her husband died, took on a string of young lovers and not one at a time either.

They failed to satisfy her one night, so in a fit of rage she burnt it down.
A woman scorned Swim......
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2017, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
Happy Anniversary Mr & Mrs Foxy, many congratulations!
Thanks Val.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

08-10-2017, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
How lovely that you celebrated in style, and with the lovely bride, no less! You two seem to be making the best of your days together. Well done!

This is such a lovely, stately home, and I am pleased to hear that Lady Chesterfield was interesting in her own right - nothing like a vivacious woman to make a house come to life as a home.
The only cloud on the horizon Surfermom is.......She doesn't run.........Her ironing's pretty good though....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

08-10-2017, 11:13 AM

What an extraordinary run I had this morning.
Cool, Calm and cloudy and just fifteen seconds shy of a year's best....
But there's more to a good run than just a fast time...
So what defines a good run to me?.....Two things....
Only a runner would know this. (1) Sometimes you speed up the pace and sustain it for a while, maybe half a mile, or even a mile, and then drop back to your original pace. On a good run:-
Within minutes you have recovered and are able to repeat the process. On a poor run:- You hang on and avoid any future sudden changes of pace while you carry your tired aching legs back to the finish.

(2) You stagger onto the drive and find a suitable wall or post to hold yourself up until you get your breath back and your eyes have stopped watering....
On a good run:- Within just a few minutes It's like you never ran. Your breathing and heartrate have returned to normal and your day can proceed feeling full of vigour and energy. On a poor run:- You remain clamped to the wall or post for over fifteen minutes, you take small tentative steps to your house trying not to wobble or lose your balance and carefully climb the steep step into the entrance hall. Everything you do seems to take hours and you spend the rest of the day making excuses and just sit surfing the forum looking forward to bedtime.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

08-10-2017, 11:24 AM

Enid Edith Scudamore-Stanhope, Countess of Chesterfield (10 September 1878 – 30 November 1957) was a British heiress and racehorse breeder. Born at Marske Hall in Yorkshire, she was the fourth child of Charles Henry Wilson, 1st Baron Nunburnholme, and Florence Jane Helen Wellesley, daughter of Col. William Wellesley and great-niece to Arthur, Duke of Wellington.

On 15 February 1900, at the age of 21, she married in London Edwyn Francis Scudamore-Stanhope, 10th Earl of Chesterfield, an eligible bachelor more than twice her age. They lived at Beningbrough Hall in Yorkshire, a property which her father bought for the couple as a belated wedding present. In the early 1920s Lady Chesterfield set up a stud farm at Beningbrough Hall and bred thoroughbred racehorses, one of which called Sun Castle won the 1941 St Leger Stakes. She was the last person to live at Beningbrough Hall where she was from 1917 until her death in 1957.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2017, 11:41 AM

Glad you had a good run this morning, Bob

By the way, did you notice your Anniversary thread yesterday?

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=47159
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2017, 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
What an extraordinary run I had this morning.
Cool, Calm and cloudy and just fifteen seconds shy of a year's best....
But there's more to a good run than just a fast time...
So what defines a good run to me?.....Two things....
Only a runner would know this. (1) Sometimes you speed up the pace and sustain it for a while, maybe half a mile, or even a mile, and then drop back to your original pace. On a good run:-
Within minutes you have recovered and are able to repeat the process. On a poor run:- You hang on and avoid any future sudden changes of pace while you carry your tired aching legs back to the finish.

(2) You stagger onto the drive and find a suitable wall or post to hold yourself up until you get your breath back and your eyes have stopped watering....
On a good run:- Within just a few minutes It's like you never ran. Your breathing and heartrate have returned to normal and your day can proceed feeling full of vigour and energy. On a poor run:- You remain clamped to the wall or post for over fifteen minutes, you take small tentative steps to your house trying not to wobble or lose your balance and carefully climb the steep step into the entrance hall. Everything you do seems to take hours and you spend the rest of the day making excuses and just sit surfing the forum looking forward to bedtime.....
My current definition of a good run:

Running.

My current definition of a bad run.

Sitting on the sofa.

Six more days, OGF. Six. I'm going bonkers!

That said, you described each perfectly!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

16-10-2017, 09:35 PM

So what's been happening with Foxy just lately?
I'm glad you asked........On the second Christmas after Mrs Fox and me got married back in 1974 I surprised her with Tumble Dryer for Christmas (among other things as well you understand.. ) It's worked perfectly for over forty years, barring the odd switch replacement, but it's been struggling over the last year becoming very noisy despite attempts to repair it. So this morning following the installation of a new machine it was unceremoniously delivered to the Council's graveyard for retired white goods. Trouble is, I know these things are inanimate objects, but I just couldn't help feeling emotional as I drove away leaving that loyal dryer languishing on top of a stack of abandoned fridges awaiting it's destruction...

After having to visit the dentist on Friday at short notice to repair a broken tooth I was tended to by a nice Italian gentleman (not my usual dentist, he was on his jolley's) and a spanking new white filling was placed in the chasm that was half a tooth, and fifty six quid was extracted from my wallet....I call it the Italian job......Unfortunately something crunched today, in a meal that had no crunchable items in....
So after further investigation it can be clearly be seen that all is not well.......If you're a bit squeamish look away now.....

I visited a 'Subway' sandwich establishment this afternoon (I must point out that the filling had already disintegrated) I believe, like Macdonalds it's an export from the US of A..They keep sending us all their best bits, including Surfermom......I ordered a six inch Italian with Chicken Breast and lashings of salad. As I sat and consumed my sandwich I had to smile, my bread was cut and buttered by a young attractive Indian girl, the chicken was issued from a Chinese girl who passed it on where the salad was applied by a Polish girl. I just love the interaction and multi culturalism where we all reside happily together......It warms the soul...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2017, 09:39 PM

Oh dear ..... awaiting the next episode of the Italian Job
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

16-10-2017, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Oh dear ..... awaiting the next episode of the Italian Job
I think I might have added a bit more since you read it Mags...I'm so slow.....

Page 113 of 190 « First < 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 163 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top