Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2019, 11:08 PM

Re: UK Contributions To EU Rising

What about UK's share of the EU assets ? £39 Billion was part of the deal.. No deal no dosh.

To coin a phrase of the EU ; "Nothing is agreed, until everything is agreed "
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2019, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
What about UK's share of the EU assets ? £39 Billion was part of the deal.. No deal no dosh.

To coin a phrase of the EU ; "Nothing is agreed, until everything is agreed "

Exactly !!!

We should take some of the buildings and infrastructure projects we part own as well
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2019, 11:42 PM

Any mathematicians in the house ? Makes all of us look like a load of monkeys chewing on bananas !

We clearly have not much idea, but it would seem, neither do any of them, whoever they are or wherever they come from. Very confusing.

https://publications.parliament.uk/p.../125/12506.htm

paragraph 96/97 Do I understand correctly that Mr Barnier's figure quoted is £60 billion ? Say that again loudly £60 BILLION

Please tell me I have mis-understood... someone
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2019, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
When we leave we leave all the treaties.

We dont have to pay anything
If we don’t the obligation still remains along with the repercussions of defaulting on that obligation we have previously committed to.

The only upside I can see to reneging on paying our obligations is that Farage may not see a penny of his MEP pensions
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2019, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Any mathematicians in the house ? Makes all of us look like a load of monkeys chewing on bananas !

We clearly have not much idea, but it would seem, neither do any of them, whoever they are or wherever they come from. Very confusing.

https://publications.parliament.uk/p.../125/12506.htm

paragraph 96/97 Do I understand correctly that Mr Barnier's figure quoted is £60 billion ? Say that again loudly £60 BILLION

Please tell me I have mis-understood... someone
There was a figure of 100 billion being floated about at one point but it seems to be an inexacte science
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2019, 07:14 AM

When will the figure be categoric, I ain't doin no more "Bus Signwriting" till everyone's sure.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2019, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
We are not obliged to pay anything from the day we leave.

That 39 billion is now done to zero. It was part and parcel of the Withdrawal Treaty which has been rejected.

We don't have to pay anything - only the obligations until October 31st, certainly not 32 billion.

If anything, the EU should be refunding us for all the infrastructure project we paid into including the parliament buildings we part own

Hi

Your statement is irrelevant, it matters nothing what you think, what Boris or JRM think.

The UK Government has signed agreements before the Referendum.

It doesn't matter either what the EU or Juncker think.

The matter will decided through either the International Courts or Arbitration.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2019, 07:59 AM

I have to keep reminding myself that 39 Billion could be represented as 39 Thousand Million, (39,000,000,000)!

The word "Billion" seems to make it sound a lot less than it is.

So each of us, here in the UK, is required to fork up a very large chunk of our hard earned!

Well, maybe not exactly "Each of us" as there are some who pay no tax.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2019, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Your statement is irrelevant, it matters nothing what you think, what Boris or JRM think.

The UK Government has signed agreements before the Referendum.

It doesn't matter either what the EU or Juncker think.

The matter will decided through either the International Courts or Arbitration.

No it wont.

We triggered A50.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2019, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I have to keep reminding myself that 39 Billion could be represented as 39 Thousand Million, (39,000,000,000)!

The word "Billion" seems to make it sound a lot less than it is.

So each of us, here in the UK, is required to fork up a very large chunk of our hard earned!

Well, maybe not exactly "Each of us" as there are some who pay no tax.
Hi

It is not payable as lump sum, it is spread over many years.

Around half of it is because we asked for a two year Transition Period as we where not ready to leave.

That is our own stupid fault, we could have been and should have been.

Our Politicians are very good at spending our money, rather different when it comes to spending their own.

As for the rest of it, well that is for the International Courts to decide, previous Governments signed up for it.

It is a balancing act.

We need Trade Deals and we need to borrow money every year, we are still living beyond our means.

If other Countries and the Money Markets decide we cannot be trusted to stick to agreements they will be reluctant to deal with us, which will cost us money.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top