Join for free
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 07:52 PM

Scary

Bloomin' Drs nurse scared the life out of me. I had a phone call this morning to go and have my blood pressure taken this afternoon,[ As my BP was 'rather high after an hour plus wait to see the Cardiologist at our Hospital a few weeks ago it was requested my Dr check me ],The Drs nurse took my BP three times then asked if I was OK ,did I have a migraine, were my eyes ok /blurry,did I feel sick? I asked if my BP was high ,she said not unduly but still high so come back next week .I asked if she was concerned about something but said if I felt unwell see one of the Drs [ is she kidding,? Dr will not be happy if I turn up and say 'I dont feel well,presuming I can get an appt. ]
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 08:11 PM

Re: Scary

Deylon, I feel exactly the same , cannot stand going to the GP"s.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
Bloomin' Drs nurse scared the life out of me. I had a phone call this morning to go and have my blood pressure taken this afternoon,[ As my BP was 'rather high after an hour plus wait to see the Cardiologist at our Hospital a few weeks ago it was requested my Dr check me ],The Drs nurse took my BP three times then asked if I was OK ,did I have a migraine, were my eyes ok /blurry,did I feel sick? I asked if my BP was high ,she said not unduly but still high so come back next week .I asked if she was concerned about something but said if I felt unwell see one of the Drs [ is she kidding,? Dr will not be happy if I turn up and say 'I dont feel well,presuming I can get an appt. ]

Poor you, Deylon. Some of these people drive me nuts how they do these tests and then don't tell you the results. Why do they keep the information to themselves?
You should have asked what the readings were Deylon. For some strange reason they never tell you otherwise.
Same as if they take your temperature, they never tell you what it is - unless you ask.
It really annoys me how they never tell you anything, as if we have no right to know. It's MY flippin' body, not theirs, for heavens sake talk to me!

Rant over. Hope you get on alright.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
A precaution and good to see that the hospital and your GP are communicating and are concerned about your welfare.

Your raised blood pressure reading may have been simply because you were seeing a Cardiologist and the anxiety associated with that, and/or the frustration you may have felt after waiting so long.

No the nurse is not kidding.....If you have been referred to a cardiologost, and you do feel unwell, then your GP certainly will be pleased that you went to see him.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2016, 07:30 PM

The nurse did give me readings for my B.P,they are a bit high I know, but it spooked me when she kept asking these questions,and then say there was nothing to be alarmed about,I have to have it done again next week,possibly my GP will change my BP tablets
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2016, 09:56 PM

When I have my BP taken, I am always told the readings.

For some reason that I can't explain, though, my BP is always rather higher than usual on certain occasions.

I have managed to work out that it always occurs when I'm seen by a fit young female doctor.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2016, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
When I have my BP taken, I am always told the readings.

For some reason that I can't explain, though, my BP is always rather higher than usual on certain occasions.

I have managed to work out that it always occurs when I'm seen by a fit young female doctor.
Where was the pressure pad placed?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2016, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Where was the pressure pad placed?
Not where you're thinking!
(Oops, another thread heading for the Cheeky Chat section.)
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2016, 10:23 PM

I get "White Coat Syndrome", Daz adverts are bad for my health.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top