Join for free
Page 49 of 51 « First < 39 47 48 49 50 51 >
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 06:03 PM

Re: Dark Days Ahead...And We Can't Even Vote Ukip!

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
EU lawyers have told ECJ that A50 cannot be unilaterally revoked.

https://www.ft.com/content/502d22a6-...3-d7f9881e729f
Not fake news, but old news.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
OK. Thanks for that.

The Guardian would never create fake news!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
A Yorkshireman offering a pound bet?

Was it one of the old style pounds?

I'm surprised you didn't set your PC clock forward to win!
Yes, we still have a number of old pounds. Marge keeps putting coins in a porcelain piggy bank, but won't hear of smashing it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

31-12-2018, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Last couple of years my two boys were at school we had a number of questions we put to their school about the education around the EU, it was clear to us and them they were being taught everything about the EU was great and nothing could ever go wrong with federalization. We asked that they not be educated politically that we wanted them to be free thinkers, not influenced by us or their school in these matters. That it was extremely important they looked for themselves for the answers to any questions they had.

Teachers were adamant kids were unable to do that and that we had to lead them the right way. That led to a few feisty chats where we were told in no uncertain terms the teachers political views were far better and less bigoted than ours. That made us laugh standing there being lectured about bigots and racism as two white parents with two black children. I think at that point we decided they had completely lost the plot.

That was in secondary school, their peers went to university and from what I heard of them the teaching became even more radically EU biased.

So that a 16 year old might be terrified doesn't surprise me at all. They have been indoctrinated into believing the EU is some sort of religion they should be thankful to for their very existences.
Excellent post, Julia.

It has long been suspected that our educational system participates in brainwashing and, unfortunately, it is tolerated (or perhaps even supported and encouraged) by our politicians.

Little wonder that we now have so many little snowflakes who think they know more than their elders, despite our many years of life experience.

What is terrifying is that because this brainwashing of our young kids is being allowed to continue, our country is heading for disaster. Still, it's their future!
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
I'm not at all worried about questioning the character and motives of the questioner and am more than entitled to frame any response with that in mind......... At least I'm honest and open about my motives.

I disagree with a lot of your attempted counter points..

Federalism, you say, can be vetoed. I would not trust British politicians with that responsibility. Better to remove that choice from them which is why I voted Leave.

I disagree about CAP. There are NO redeeming features with CAP. It's designed to subsidise inefficient French farmers to drive around all day in brand new tractors whilst producing food that nobody wants and is far too expensive without the subsidies.

I disagree that you fully understand the impact of immigration. It sounds to me like you pay lip service to the effects of mass immigration and you obviously think it's about racism, which it isn't , or else why would you mention the countries ( therefore the ethnicities) of future immigration sources?

You say 'WE' derive a net benefit from immigration........there are plenty of people that derive a net loss from immigration. Were they wrong to vote for their own personal interests or should they have voted to make sure YOU are alright,Jack?

I disagree that you can blithley dismiss the EU Gravy Train because it's done elsewhere.

Plenty of EU laws have a directly negative impact on me........Free movement of Labour drives down wages, drives up housing costs, increases competition for jobs thereby reducing the bargaining power and possibly the career progression and skills enhancement of British workers .

One of the reasons people are annoyed with the current immigration system is the compete lack of planning and the disregard for the host communities.

The EU are not able or willing to address that.

I disagree that Greece etc were fully at fault for their economic woes. The Franco/German vanity project that is the Euro allowed these economies into the Euro zone before they were ready......Then French and German banks lent them vast sums of money........Then those very same French and German banks made £billions from the bailout cash !!!

But you seem to think all is wonderful with the EU.

I don't!
You seem to know and trust very little

Nothing in life is perfect least of all the EU but the facts speak for themselves
The UK was positively thriving and not running out of steam due to government encouraged immigration. Yes there were people left behind and feeling disenfranchised but that was our governments fault not the EU who incidentally were the ones injecting money into the economically deprived area of the UK

Recent news articles indicate that If we are to thrive when we leave immigration levels will need to be maintained unless AI can replace them in the future. The time to be concerned is when the immigrants don’t want to come here
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 06:17 PM

Guess we'll know soon enough. An argument from Professor Stephen Weatherill arguing that the Article 50 notice cannot be unilaterally revoked – with the contrary argument from Professor Steve Peers.

http://eulawanalysis.blogspot.com/20...ithdrawal.html
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
That's because Banchory and extradry martini are probably the same poster.

The question has been answered.

Tbh it's an irrelevant question because there are plenty of reasons for wanting to leave the EU. No one question is necessarily more important than any other.
It would appear that wildly inaccurate postulation is your forte and you consider questions seeking the reasoning behind important decisions to be irrelevant

You really couldn’t make this kind of thing up 😂😂😂
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Guess we'll know soon enough. An argument from Professor Stephen Weatherill arguing that the Article 50 notice cannot be unilaterally revoked – with the contrary argument from Professor Steve Peers.

http://eulawanalysis.blogspot.com/20...ithdrawal.html
We know for three weeks now. The lawyers presented their arguments and the judges from the ECJ ruled.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8675541.html
Banchory
Kent

31-12-2018, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Excellent post, Julia.

It has long been suspected that our educational system participates in brainwashing and, unfortunately, it is tolerated (or perhaps even supported and encouraged) by our politicians.

Little wonder that we now have so many little snowflakes who think they know more than their elders, despite our many years of life experience.

What is terrifying is that because this brainwashing of our young kids is being allowed to continue, our country is heading for disaster. Still, it's their future!
Finally the Brexit vote makes complete sense to me

Don’t forget to put on your tin foil hat
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

31-12-2018, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
Finally the Brexit vote makes complete sense to me

Don’t forget to put on your tin foil hat
Do you think that those advocating brexit on this forum are representative for the population? If that is true than god may help the UK.
As others here have said, the EU looks after itself, so god can concentrate on the UK.

Page 49 of 51 « First < 39 47 48 49 50 51 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top