Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2013, 02:55 PM

Penguins - Spy In The Huddle

Spends nearly a year in the close company of penguins, deploying 50 spycams to capture as never before the true character of these birds.

Looks really good and worth a watch.

BBC 1 tonight at 9.00 PM.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2013, 03:21 PM

Re: Penguins - Spy In The Huddle

Yes it should be good. There was a bit on the news about the making of it which ws interesting as well.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2013, 04:30 PM

Sounds interesting Alison though I usually fall asleep when watching TV documentaries
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2013, 04:34 PM

Cant wait Alison - seen many docus on penguins, just love 'em...
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2013, 06:56 PM

Thanks AC - I've now put a reminder on it

Many thanks again
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2013, 06:57 PM

Me too and thanks Alison, looking forward to this. Will make up for Africa finishing last week.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2013, 09:59 PM

What a swizz............ I clicked on PENGUINS expecting to join a discussion about the marvellous paperback books of the same name, launched in my youth and mainstay of any thinking person in the days back when.

Never mind, I'm listening to AMORE , the latest and thrilling album by the now fully recovered phenomena that is RUSSELL Watson ,who has returned to his operatic roots. Life compensates.

I do like penguins too, the birds that is.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2013, 10:16 PM

I'm watching it now, but am finding the artificial penguins a little odd, amusing though - I'm waiting for one of the penguins to make amorous advances towards it, but I don't think they are fooled. Something is happening - rockhopper cam has just got out of the water. Humbolt cam is now waiting for the real humbolt penguins to arrive - going to meet and greet
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2013, 12:00 AM

It was brilliant and so funny at part! Loved the penguin who was trying to make up to the robot camera penguin until his missus made it and shoved the robot one down

Amazing how they hid those cameras in the dummy penguins! Loved also the dummy one that laid an egg - that was brilliant!! Even cameras were inside the egg

Marvellous and I thorough enjoyed it

Again, thanks for the reminder!
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2013, 10:45 AM

I wanted to watch the final Lewis on ITV and then it was news and bed for me. I am going to watch it on catch up tonight as there is nothing much else on that interests me. Looking forward to it

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top