Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2013, 05:07 PM

Hen Party Crash

An horrendous crash happened on the M62 yesterday, apparently a lorry collided with a minibus full of women going to a hen party, one young lady of 18 was killed, and 19 others injured, 7 of them in a critical condition, one being the future bride who is in intensive care.
The ladies had just left a beauty saloon, when less than 10 miles later the accident happened. the bus was knocked off the motorway, onto a slip road, the back of the van was caved in.
Thank God for such a great ambulance service, 6 ambulances attended with 6 helicopters landing on the motorway, fire brigade and many police vehicles.
Emergency services all said it was the most horrific accident they have had to attend.
My heart goes out to the parents of the young girl and the parents of the injured, many of the mothers were on the coach with the young girls.
How on earth this sort of accident happens I will never understand, we have to feel for the lorry driver as well, he was arrested but released after questioning, as is the case when anyone dies.
Please send your prayers to the girls and their families.

Needless to say it was total mayhem on the roads, round here once the motorway was totally closed.
And thank heaven for our great emergency services, and our brilliant NHS, who had 6 resus teams and 4 operating theatres on standby within minutes of getting the call.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-22321219
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2013, 05:23 PM

Re: Hen Party Crash

I hear that coaches do not have seat belts....is this true..
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2013, 05:32 PM

Large coaches here have seat belts Pats but I don't know about mini buses. There seemed to be a lot of people in that mini bus, how many people are they supposed to carry?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2013, 05:42 PM

Dont understand it - cars 'must' have seat belts, why not the coaches - crazy huh.....
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2013, 05:43 PM

I heard it on the news Arthur. A terrible tragedy and my heart goes out too, to the families and friends of those poor women.
As you know, I'm not religious so I will not be praying but they are all in my thoughts. Including all the people who were there to help.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2013, 06:43 PM

Just to make something clear, mini coaches come in many sizes, seat wise, and they all have to have seat belts, but they wouldn't have helped these poor girls much, they were hit from behind.
All coaches have seat belts, but strangely not bus companies, I am going to look into that.
In rush hour our buses cram as many people in as they can.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

27-04-2013, 06:49 PM

Pleased to hear they 'do' have seat belts, but in the nature of this accident - did not help....
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2013, 07:10 PM

An horrific accident and frightening when you think that road accidents can happen in a moment, fragile lives are lost and others change forever and and can be ruined - even more poignant when you know these girls were off to celebrate someone getting married. I read that one of the dead was only 18 years old and she was a dancer. Such a tragedy for everyone concerned.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2013, 08:03 PM

Very sad, my prayers for the dead girl, the injured, and the Families of those involved.
athomson9
New Member!
London, UK
athomson9 is male 

27-04-2013, 09:54 PM

Very very sad. Always seems that the youngest are the ones that go in accidents like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top