Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2013, 09:14 AM

Re: You prefer to hate or be hated?

Nick matey, I used to be heavily involved in the Trade Union movement, and have been a shop steward and health & safety steward in my time. As you may imagine, this was not a popular position and I've been detested and hated by many people, Including Government Ministers. Was I worried??? - did I give a sod??? Nah!!! - 'water off a ducks back' - didn't let it affect me or divert me from I know needed to be done!!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2013, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by youngatart ->
People are so normal on this forum.
I've mostly posted on forums for people with anxiety disorders, even the more serious ones like schizophrenia/bipolar. There I looked relatively normal. But interestingly, on here, I feel like the "bottom of the class".
And this tends to be my online persona, alter ego, where I can express my self-obsessions. In real life, I couldn't talk like this or people would ignore me totally. I try to exude a more extroverted personality, which fools some of the people some of the time......
I do tend to feel things more intensely than other people. I can still remember insults that were slung at me, when I was 13 years old!
The one thing that has saved me from being "highly strung" is being able to laugh at myself. or being able to laugh at absurdity.
Bu thanks to you all for your sensitive input. No one has said anything derogatory so I guess it's time I replied to someone else's thread..eh?
Nick what is 'normal' I don't think there is such a thing.

To have a 'normal' the majority of human beings would need to be the same and clearly we are not . We are very complex beings with an infinite number of permutations of
behaviors .
Some are good at hiding their differences, some are higher or lower than others on the spectrum of a 'condition' so stay unnoticed.

We are what we are
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2013, 09:27 AM

Hello Meg - I wonder if Nick meant - we are nice and understanding 'compared' to other sites he has been a part of ....
As for 'normal' - you're right - none of us are 'normal' on here - far more interesting than that
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2013, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Hello Meg - I wonder if Nick meant - we are nice and understanding 'compared' to other sites he has been a part of ....
As for 'normal' - you're right - none of us are 'normal' on here - far more interesting than that
Hi Pats yes that is what Nick was saying and I hope we are all 'nice' here to our fellow members , I don't think we are all 'normal' though
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2013, 10:14 AM

Exactly !!!!
Duckie
Australia
Duckie is male  Duckie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2013, 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Pats yes that is what Nick was saying and I hope we are all 'nice' here to our fellow members , I don't think we are all 'normal' though
Yes I did mean that. But I also meant that none of you seem to suffer animosity towards your fellow man or woman.
That I am the only who does now and then, marks me as suffering a mental abnormality.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

18-06-2013, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by youngatart ->
Yes I did mean that. But I also meant that none of you seem to suffer animosity towards your fellow man or woman.
That I am the only who does now and then, marks me as suffering a mental abnormality
Nick I wouldn't say that, just because you have animosity towards some people doesn't necessarily mean you have a 'mental abnormality'. We all cope with situation differently and many have learnt to overcome their feelings of hate, that is all .

There are members of my family who hate a certain person and they will do so until they die. I do not view them as mentally abnormal.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2013, 03:28 PM

I don't do too much self-analysis. In general I like people and think that most people like me. I don't expect everyone to like me nor do I expect me to like everyone ..........c'est la vie !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

18-06-2013, 03:53 PM

Hi Nick - there are a few people I dislike and they know how I feel ...
Its impossible to get on with everyone and I dont strive too - we either 'get on' or we dont. No point in you worrying about that issue Nick - they wont .....
How about getting yerself a little pet - they wont let you down.....
Duckie
Australia
Duckie is male  Duckie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2013, 12:44 AM

I call my partner "Pet" sometimes.....(bad taste joke sorry)

I thought you knew we had a dog, a dog we struggle to control, who can cause stress but overall I'd have to say he is a stress reliever. Especially when he rolls on to his back and expects a massage. How can I hate that? Seems like dogs have this inbuilt DNA for not taking life too seriously.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top