Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2015, 09:12 PM

Re: The Name's Bond!

I have a certain routine with James Bond films.
The first one I saw at the cinema was The Spy Who Loved Me in 1977. The film opened virtually the same week as Star Wars and the queue for Star Wars was a mile long, whereas the Bond movie opposite had only a few people waiting. I think that's why I became a Bond fan rather than a Star Wars fan, which I can take or leave. I'm not a big cinema goer these days but I usually see the new 007 movie within a couple of weeks of it coming out.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2015, 09:15 PM

For me they have become totally stupid, since Brosman. Also the music has got worse and the girls vanished from the screen .

Remember going to see the first one around 1960, thought it was fantastic.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2015, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I have a certain routine with James Bond films.
The first one I saw at the cinema was The Spy Who Loved Me in 1977. The film opened virtually the same week as Star Wars and the queue for Star Wars was a mile long, whereas the Bond movie opposite had only a few people waiting. I think that's why I became a Bond fan rather than a Star Wars fan, which I can take or leave. I'm not a big cinema goer these days but I usually see the new 007 movie within a couple of weeks of it coming out.
Star Wars, that was the last film I watched in a cinema.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2015, 09:22 PM

Sorry to be a pain, but could some kind person please put the apostrophe in Name's (thread title) before I break out in a rash?
dukeofearl
south coast uk

24-10-2015, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Sorry to be a pain, but could some kind person please put the apostrophe in Name's (thread title) before I break out in a rash?
I have got some hammes, they put e'm around horses heads
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 08:26 PM

Been to see Spectre today and was a bit disappointed as the story line was a little difficult to keep up with ,but there was lots of action in it and all in all I enjoyed it.
Worth a watch!
Asp3
San Jose, CA
Asp3 is male  Asp3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2015, 02:30 AM

I used to love the James Bond films. Sean Connery is the James Bond for me. My introduction to the series was a triple feature of Dr. No, You Only Live Twice and Thunderball back in the late 60's. I was hooked. I remember my excitement waiting for Live And Let Die and loved that movie as well. I enjoyed Roger Moore as Bond, but thought they did a little too much comic relief in those films. I stopped being interested shortly after Moore left the series and have only seen a few of the movies since. I had a friend who worked on Tomorrow Never Dies so I saw that one but only saw others occasionally.

On the Star Wars note, I saw Star Wars the day it was released in San Francisco because I had seen previews for it at a science fiction convention earlier that year. I got tired of it after the first three films. I was never that impressed overall because the space battles are so unreal.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top