Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 10:15 AM

The new Top Gear

So the new Top Gear looks like being just like the old one, with overpaid ridiculous middle aged "celebrities" doing stupid things in fast cars. This programme should be shown on CBBC such is the content, because I can't imagine anyone over 5 wanting to watch such pathetic, banal, so called entertainment...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 10:29 AM

Re: The new Top Gear

I didn't watch the 'old' programme and I won't be watching the new one...

Big boys playing with toys is not something I need in my life
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Nor me Meg !

Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 10:38 AM

I only ever used to watch it when the other half had it on....its juvenile tosh!!!
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
So the new Top Gear looks like being just like the old one, with overpaid ridiculous middle aged "celebrities" doing stupid things in fast cars. This programme should be shown on CBBC such is the content, because I can't imagine anyone over 5 wanting to watch such pathetic, banal, so called entertainment...
I've never seen the program as I'm not that much interested in cars. As far as I'm concerned a car is something to get you from A to B in reasonable comfort.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I've never seen the program as I'm not that much interested in cars. As far as I'm concerned a car is something to get you from A to B in reasonable comfort.
Agree !
On the news it showed a car racing and doing spins near the Cenotaph - the amount of fume smoke from that car was outrageous and only serves to promote reckless driving - pathetic
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

Big boys playing with toys is not something I need in my life

My sentiments exactly Meg.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 11:55 AM

It would have been nice to have a program that tested and reported on everyday vehicles that we use instead of an excuse for overpaid presenters to drive the car of their dreams that the average person will never own....Or want too in most cases. Anyway, Chris Evans does me box in and he knows note about cars.....
I'll stick to Eggheads and Coronation Street.
islandman
Dorset UK
islandman is male  islandman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 11:59 AM

I too never watched the old series and the new one tempts me even less. I also think someone should be asked to get his coat over the thoughtless events in London recently.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 04:48 PM

TG isnt and never was a sensible car show about boot space and cup holders .. Its the banter that blokes have in a pub the things they talk about how this or that celeb would beat the other in a straight out race ect..
Its not serious or sensible and ok sometimes it gets a bit OTT but its a hell of a lot more cheerful than EE or Corrie.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top